Good tutorial for new gimp users

jonbey

Oct 30, 2007, 8:02:53 PM10/30/07
Can anyone recommend some good sources for Gimp tutorials? I installed
Gimp and the gimp-ufraw to allow me to process RAW files, but I have
failed to find some good documentation.

All suggestions most welcome,

Cheers

Jon
http://www.webologist.co.uk/

Michael Soibelman

Oct 30, 2007, 11:39:26 PM10/30/07

Gautam Majumdar

Oct 31, 2007, 2:41:53 AM10/31/07
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 00:02:53 +0000, jonbey wrote:

> Can anyone recommend some good sources for Gimp tutorials? I installed
> Gimp and the gimp-ufraw to allow me to process RAW files, but I have
> failed to find some good documentation.
>
> All suggestions most welcome,

Some links may be broken. I have not checked all of them recently.

Gimp User Group http://gug.sunsite.dk/?page=tutorials
Gimp org's own site http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/
GraphicSoft http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/gimptutorials/
Grokking the Gimp http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/
Gimpguru http://www.gimpguru.org/
GIMP Tips http://members.home.nl/m.weisbeek/gimp/
GIMP TUTORIALS http://www.gimp-tutorials.com/index.php
Pointer Page http://empyrean.lib.ndsu.nodak.edu/~nem/gimp/tuts/
WinGIMP http://www.wingimp.org/tutorial/

HTH
--
gautam

rich

Oct 31, 2007, 4:40:34 AM10/31/07
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:39:26 -0700, Michael Soibelman wrote:

> jonbey wrote:
>
>> Can anyone recommend some good sources for Gimp tutorials? I installed
>> Gimp and the gimp-ufraw to allow me to process RAW files, but I have
>> failed to find some good documentation.
>>
>> All suggestions most welcome,

You should have a look at:

http://meetthegimp.org/

There are a series of video tutorials, in mp4 format, to download. They
have been coming out on a weekly basic for the past few months, now up to
episode 17. Well worth collecting.

For earlier episodes dig through the archive and see:
http://meetthegimp.org/getting-the-old-shows/

--
rich

jonbey

Oct 31, 2007, 8:06:14 PM10/31/07
Now I have information overload. Cheers!

amheuwr

Dec 15, 2007, 9:32:47 AM12/15/07

Wow. This is one of the best tutorial links I have seen. Really impressed
by the podcasts. Actually watching someone use the Gimp like this makes
things seem a lot simpler. Will be following all the tutorials through to
the end.

irwell

Dec 15, 2007, 6:28:05 PM12/15/07
On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:32:47 -0000, amheuwr <dymasut...@msn.com>
wrote:

Is there a DVD available, my old computer has a slow connection.

Max Quordlepleen

Dec 27, 2007, 5:50:46 AM12/27/07
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:40:34 GMT, rich <ri...@nohome.com> proffered, in
: news:pan.2007.10.31....@nohome.com:

> You should have a look at:
>
> http://meetthegimp.org/

What a fantastic resource for a newbie like me. Thank you so much!

--
noho ora mai
http://maxqnzs.com/References.html