Lost DN in Meridian 1 Option 11C, please HELP!

Leo Cao

Aug 16, 2001, 12:23:58 PM8/16/01
Hi, I have this problem with Option 11C. I cannot assign a specific DN to a
TN,
- when I do it gives me a "SCH3300" error (The DN or Position ID is invalid,
it must be unique).
- when I use "DNB" to check its status, it give me "NO ACT SINCE NO DATE"
message, indicating this DN is not being used or associated with any TN
- when I use "LUDN" to check all unused DN, this particular DN is not
listed, indicating it's being used by something
- when I use MAT to assign the DN to any phone, there is an "SCH0011" error
(TN in DNBLOCK fails TNTRANS) during uploading.
- all the other DN's on the system works fine.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Please help!!

Leo Cao
leo...@cyberplex.com

Ed Walker

Aug 16, 2001, 12:58:29 PM8/16/01
Hi Leo,
Unfortunately this sounds like corruption in the switch. Try a sysload (
EDD first) and, hopefully, it will clear the corruption....otherwise you
will need to escalate a ticket to Nortel to have them clear the
corruption...
Good Luck....

~Ed
"Leo Cao" <leo...@cyberplex.com> wrote in message

Leo Cao

Aug 16, 2001, 1:39:08 PM8/16/01
Thanks for the tip. My question now is, will a sysload disrupt the swtich
service? will it wipe out any unsaved data? Thanks.

Leo

"Ed Walker" <Nort...@home.com> wrote in message

Ross Schacher

Aug 16, 2001, 3:18:36 PM8/16/01
Hey, Leo, before you reboot, check to see if this is a set that's been put
into the Set Relocation datablock - go into LD 21, and enter the following:
REQ prt
TYPE srdt

This will show you if someone hit the set relocation code by mistake.

Ross

"Leo Cao" <leo...@cyberplex.com> wrote in message

NewsReader

Aug 16, 2001, 11:50:02 PM8/16/01
Good point. The Set Relocation will send the TN into the "cloud" so to
speak. Whatever you do, if in fact it is in limbo, do not delete that TN.
Use the set relocation code to bring it back down. Then later change the set
relocation code to something not likely to be typed by accident. I remember
one site whose set relocation code was something like 801. The first time
someone tried to dial to that area code without prefacing it with 9-1- the
set went into limbo.

"Ross Schacher" <scha...@mathworks.com> wrote in message

ScottO

Aug 20, 2001, 12:08:15 AM8/20/01
Have you considered that it may be in use as a ACDN? If so, you would have
the symptoms you are having now. I don't know how MAT does it, but it's in
LD 23 on older systems...

good luck,
scott

Ross Schacher

Aug 20, 2001, 8:39:54 AM8/20/01
That can't be it, Scott; if it was an ACD, it would show up when he did a
PRT-DNB.

Ross