cisco 7200 slot0 formatting

bhupal

Jul 31, 2001, 10:22:32 PM7/31/01
Hi i am trying to format slot0 of a cisco 7200 router and it says:
" Error formatting slot0: (Unspecified Error)"

I have the same problem even if i do a copy flash tftp.
Please help.
Thanks in advance
Bhupal
Grad Research Assistant
CTER, ECE, UAB

Harri Suomalainen

Aug 1, 2001, 3:02:21 AM8/1/01
bhupal <bhup...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi i am trying to format slot0 of a cisco 7200 router and it says:
> " Error formatting slot0: (Unspecified Error)"
>
> I have the same problem even if i do a copy flash tftp.

If you have new versions you might have Intel type 2 flash disk.
This is not the same as linear type 1 used by many other routers.
Both seem to be supported.

Try "sh disk0" or "dir disk0:/" to see if you have a disk like this.
If this is the case use disk0 instead of slot0. Only linear devices
are usable as flash: or slot0:.
--
Harri