Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

Help - any database program for email?

6 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Yes

ongelezen,
18 dec 2014, 00:32:3118-12-2014
aan
I enjoy genealogy and have 1000+ emails relating to family history. I
use an older version of Microsoft Outlook. For the group as a whole, I
want to develop a list of the sources from whom I received the emails
and categorize the individual emails for use in citing or quoting.

Is there a database program out there that does this? What would be
useful search terms I might use to find such software via Google?

Thanks.

Steve Hayes

ongelezen,
18 dec 2014, 02:32:2718-12-2014
aan
On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 05:32:10 +0000 (UTC), "Yes" <no...@invalid.invalid.com>
wrote:
check www.asksam.com

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com

Jasen Betts

ongelezen,
18 dec 2014, 09:01:5018-12-2014
aan
Outlook is based on access IIRC. assuming you have the emails on yuor
computer and not stored in the cloud it should be possible to access the
mail store directly with using MS Access, or translate it into
something that aother databases can use via mdbtools.

--
umop apisdn

Bernard Peek

ongelezen,
18 dec 2014, 10:56:0218-12-2014
aan
Outlook and Access both use VBA as their macro language. It's possible
to write a program to extract email addresses and drop them into a
database -- Access would do. But it would require learning VBA.

--
Bernard Peek
b...@shrdlu.com

In search of cognoscenti (again)

Yes

ongelezen,
18 dec 2014, 17:24:0718-12-2014
aan
I'll keep that in mind. The last course I had was in the mid-90s. I
had hoped that the lawsuits of the late 1990s and 2000s involving
forensic audits and documenting of massive coporate emails (Enron comes
to mind) might have led to products for the people who have smaller
sized quantities of email and want to use them whether it be
scholarship or just squirreling them away after categorizing them.
0 nieuwe berichten