PDE-PER001 internal err (deplu3)

Joanne James

Jan 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/28/98

I am trying to generate a sequence number from a pre-insert trigger and am
getting some kind of PDE 'internal error', somehow emanating from procedure
builder. (PDE-PER001 internal error(deplu3)) When I looked this up, it
said either a change had been made to a system table by someone (not
applicable in this case) or there was a bug and I would have to contact
Oracle. Anyone heard of this error and when trying to access a sequence?
I ran the same code (without the 'into' part of it) using the sql worksheet
and it worked FINE (using the same user id). When running it within forms,
I got the above error. The code I ran:
select medical.person_seq.nextval
into :insplan.insplanid
from dual;
Any suggestions?

Jonathan and Leonora Samuel

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

I am no expert, but my friend and colleague who is tells me these
errors are a general "catch-all" procedure builder error.

Sometimes you can help things by closing everything down and
re-opening procedure builder and starting again!

On 28 Jan 1998 03:01:31 GMT, "Joanne James"

Jonathan and Leonora Samuel

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

Just a thought:
Could it be a problem with the data type of the thing you are fetching
into?
Maybe:
"select to_char(medical.person_seq.nextval )
into :insplan.insplanid
from dual;"
would work?