ODBC Memory Allocation Error

Greg Van Holland

Feb 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/2/98

I am experiencing the following errors:

3157 - [Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver]Memory allocation error.
3157 - ODBC--update failed on attached (linked) table '???'.

It is happening in a Visual Basic program connected to Oracle via ODBC.
Some sample code is:

Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT COLX FROM TABLEX", dbOpenDynaset)
do while not rs.EOF
rs.Edit
rs.Fields("COLX") = 1
rs.Update ' this is where the error occurs
rs.MoveNext
loop

The first 350 or so updates are successful, but eventually the error
occurs. There is a valid table name, I'm not sure where the '???' is
coming from. I CANNOT issue an Update statement (such as UPDATE TABLEX
SET COLX=1) - I need to perform the updates in the dynaset.

Thanks in advance!

Greg VH

mark tomlinson

Feb 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/3/98

What version of the oracle driver are you using, (exact version
please).

mark

Greg Van Holland

Feb 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/3/98

Oracle ODBC Driver 2.00.0301

Installer: 3.1.4.1.2.G
TCP/IP: 2.3.2.1.4
32 bit ODBC 2.0.3.1.1
Reqd Support 7.3.2.2.0C
SQL*Net Client 2.3.2.1.4

mark tomlinson

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

Asa start you might consider upgrading the driver to the latest 7.3
version : 2.5.3.1.3

Greg Van Holland

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

mark tomlinson wrote:

> Asa start you might consider upgrading the driver to the latest 7.3
> version : 2.5.3.1.3

Upgrading seemed to make the error disappear

Thanks!

Rich Tsui

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98
to mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson wrote:

> Asa start you might consider upgrading the driver to the latest 7.3
> version : 2.5.3.1.3

Hello Mark,

I am suffering the similar error on NT but not on WIN95. I am using
Oracle ODBC version: 2.5.3.1.0b downloaded from
http://www.oracle.com/products/free_software.

I just wonder where you get the v2.5.3.1.3? Thank you for yor time.

Rich Tsui
University of Pittsburgh

mark tomlinson

Feb 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/5/98

On Wed, 04 Feb 1998 20:13:17 -0800, Rich Tsui <ts...@cbmi.upmc.edu>
wrote:

>I just wonder where you get the v2.5.3.1.3? Thank you for yor time.

You can get it from the Oracle MetalLink web site, or from the support
external ftp site. MetalLink has an ODBC library, for details on the
support external ftp site location, contact support.

mark