OracleXE 10g listener service can't start after server joined domain and changed computer name.

Amber

Apr 15, 2008, 11:10:37 AM4/15/08
The database service can start, but the listener service can't start
even I manully update the listener.ora file and tnsnames.ora file in
%ORACLE_HOME%\product\10.2.0\server\NETWORK\ADMIN directory.

gazzag

Apr 15, 2008, 11:37:47 AM4/15/08

Any error reported? What does your listener.log indicate?

Amber

Apr 16, 2008, 9:06:26 AM4/16/08

There is not any logs appended to listener.org since the server was
renamed. Now I am using VMWare Converter to convert the physical
machine to a virtual machine, then try to rename the virtual machine
to the origial one, hoping I can recove the database:(

gazzag

Apr 16, 2008, 9:28:49 AM4/16/08
On 16 Apr, 14:06, Amber <guxiaobo1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is not any logs appended to listener.org since the server was
> renamed. Now I am using VMWare Converter to convert the physical
> machine to a virtual machine, then try to rename the virtual machine
> to the origial one, hoping I can recove the database:(

I thought you said that you can start the database? If so, try the
following at a command prompt:

set ORACLE_SID=XE

sqlplus / as sysdba

Copy and paste the output you get here.

HTH

-g

joe.r...@mac.com

Apr 16, 2008, 10:55:30 AM4/16/08

Could it be something with permissions on the account that owns the
service since you joined the domain? Maybe the account you are using
doesn't have the necessary permissions to start the services now or
the owner of the services does not have the permissions to launch the
service.

joe.r...@mac.com

Apr 16, 2008, 11:47:33 AM4/16/08
On Apr 16, 9:28 am, gazzag <gar...@jamms.org> wrote:

Also you might want to check and make sure:

1) Your listener.ora file has the correct new hostname
2) That if you ping the hostname that it is resolving via DNS to the
correct machine & that nothing in your c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
\hosts file is pointing to the wrong ip address.
3) That the local listener, if configured, is pointing to the correct
tnsnames.ora entry
4) Check the tnsnames.ora file for the same issue as #2 above
5) Make sure, if you have multiple oracle home directories that are
not being used that Oracle isn't using an old or wrong tnsnames.ora
file.
6) Make sure that the directory ownership/permissions have not been
changed or that the user you are logging in as has the proper
permissions.

Not sure if that will help or not but those are some things I would
check in this case. And I agree - posting any error messages would be
helpful.

One last thing. It's been a while since I've worked on Oracle on
Windows but I'd also 1) check your Windows logs if you haven't already
to see if you can garner any information there. There's also a way to
change the service I believe so you can see it's output while starting
which may be helpful.

Amber

Apr 17, 2008, 1:52:43 AM4/17/08

SQL*PLUS: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on...........
Copyright........
Connected to an idel process.
SQL>

Amber

Apr 17, 2008, 1:55:13 AM4/17/08
> service.- Hide quoted text -

Database and listener service both run under local system account,
while the database service can start, I think it is not for service
account issues.

Amber

Apr 17, 2008, 2:08:18 AM4/17/08
The whole machine is now copyed to a virtual machine, and after I
rename the virtual machine to the original one, oraclexe and listener
work well.

In the physical machine, when I start the OracleXETNSListener the
following message appears:
>>Service OracleXETNSListener on local computer started and stoped.
>>Some servicecs stop because they have nothing to do, such as the "Performance and Alert" service.
These messages are translated by me from Chinese.

BTW, my server have two physical network adapters, and one virtual
network adapter created by VMWare Vitual Server.

Then I do some test in a new virtual machine for a new OracleXE
installation, and find some intresting things:
1. I renam the virtual machine, OracleXE and listener service can
start when the virtual machine restarted and listener.ora/lnsnames.ora
are manully updated.
2. I joind the virtual machine to a test domain and rename it,
OracleXE and listener service both can start after the virtual machine
restarted, but this time the listener.ora/lnsnames.ora file are not
updated, that is the original computer name is used in these files and
OracleXE still can work.

Amber

Apr 17, 2008, 2:16:12 AM4/17/08
Since OracleXE now works well in a vitual machine which was converted
from the physical machine, I have the idea to reinstall OracleXE
software in the physical machine, and move the whole OracleXE database
from the virtual machine to the physical one, any suggestion about
this?

Amber

Apr 17, 2008, 3:44:14 AM4/17/08
Here is some error messages:

Fatal NI connect error 12560, connecting to:
(DESCRIPTIN=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCAL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle)(ARGV0=OracleXE)
(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))
(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=XE)
(CID=(PROGRAM=c:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\BIN
\sqlplus.exe)
(HOST=BIUSAS3)(USER=guxiaobo))))
VERSION INFORMATION:
TNS for 32-bit Windows version 10.2.0.1.0 Production
Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit windows:Version
10.2.0.1.0
-Production
Time: 17/04/2008 10:46:48
Tracing not turned on.
Tns error struct:
ns main err code:12560
tns-12560:TNS: Protocol adapter error
ns secondary err code:530
tns-00530:protocol adapter error
nt secondary err code:2
nt OS err code:0

Amber

Apr 17, 2008, 10:42:58 AM4/17/08
There are some new clues, today all our OracleXE databases, the
computers which run on have joined to domain,fail, and the listener
service can't start even I reinstall OracleXE software, so the problem
is not about environment change, it is the new environment itself,
tomorrow I will post the error logs here.

Frank van Bortel

Apr 17, 2008, 3:09:00 PM4/17/08
Amber wrote:

>> Copy and paste the output you get here.
>>

> SQL*PLUS: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on...........
> Copyright........
> Connected to an idel process.
> SQL>

that is not copy/paste...

Anyway, copy and paste this:

startup

Amber

Apr 17, 2008, 9:39:37 PM4/17/08
On another server with the same problem I found the following error
logs :

1.In C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\database there are
many log files named like

core_xe_pid_5096_tid_x1318_2008_3_12_14_17_11.log

core_xe_pid_3700_tid_x2F4_2008_3_11_17_53_36.log

Contents in these files all are :

An Unhandled Exception Occurred,

Exception Number : 0xc0000005

Exception Address : 0x60ad943d

2.In C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\log\biusas1\client
\css.log there are many error logs like this:

[ OCRUTL][1928]u_set_comp_error: Parameter was NULL

[ OCRUTL][1928]u_set_ocr_error: Parameter was NULL

2008-04-03 11:19:30.546: [ OCROSD][1928]utgdv:1:could not open
registry key SOFTWARE\Oracle\ocr os error 操作系统找不到已输入的环境选项。

(The operating system can’t find the input environment option.)

[ OCRUTL][1928]u_set_gbl_comp_error: Parameter was NULL

[ OCRUTL][1928]u_set_gbl_comp_error: Parameter was NULL

2008-04-03 11:19:30.546: [ OCRRAW][1928]proprinit: Could not open raw
device

2008-04-03 11:19:30.546: [ default][1928]a_init:7!: Backend init
unsuccessful : [33]

[ OCRUTL][1928]u_set_ocr_error: Parameter was NULL

2008-04-03 11:19:30.546: [ CSSCLNT][1928]clsssinit: error(33 ) in OCR
initialization

3.C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\NETWORK\log\sqlnet.log

Fatal NI connect error 12641, connecting to:

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle)(ARGV0=oraclexe)
(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))
(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=xe)(CID=(PROGRAM=c:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product
\10.2.0\server\bin\ORACLE.EXE)(HOST=BIUSAS1)(USER=OraUser))))

VERSION INFORMATION:

TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version
10.2.0.1.0 - Production

Time: 16-4月 -2008 19:01:56

Tracing not turned on.

Tns error struct:

ns main err code: 12641

TNS-12641: 验证服务无法初始化 (Authentication service can’t init.)

ns secondary err code: 0

nt main err code: 0

nt secondary err code: 0

nt OS err code: 0

4.C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\database\oradim.log

Wed Apr 16 19:01:56 2008

ORA-12641: 验证服务无法初始化 (Authentication service can’t init)

5、Listener.log

No longer listen on:

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=BIUSAS1.citiccard.com)
(PORT=1024))(Presentation=HTTP)(Session=RAW))

16-4月 -2008 18:42:06 * service_died * xe * 12547

TNS-12547: TNS: 丢失连接 (Connection lost)

Amber

Apr 17, 2008, 9:41:25 PM4/17/08
From Google snapshot I found a blog entry about solving OracleXE not
working on computers which joined to domain, I don’t think that is the
same problem, but there is a little similarity:

Have a problem with Oracle Database 10g Express Edition?
Oracle is installed but doesn't work?

This is caused by that your account is given from domain server or
your system has non-English locale.

HowTo resolve this problem:

Create local user (this user should not be a domain account).
Set OS system locale to English (US or UK, via Regional and Language
Options), reboot.
Install Oracle XE under local user (via runas console program or via
Run as... from Windows Explorer popup menu).
Open file "Oracle\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\NETWORK\ADMIN
\sqlnet.ora
and comment (via # symbol) or remove line
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS)
Open shell, type sqlplus oracle_user/oracle_password and work with
Oracle XE.

Amber

Apr 17, 2008, 11:02:20 PM4/17/08
On Apr 18, 3:09 am, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor...@gmail.com>
wrote:

C:\Documents and Settings\GUXIAOBO>sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on 星期五 4月 18 09:57:38 2008

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

已连接到空闲例程。

If I change SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS) to
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE) in sqlnet.org,

the output is the following:

C:\Documents and Settings\GUXIAOBO>sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on 星期五 4月 18 10:00:07 2008

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

ERROR:

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

请输入用户名: sys

输入口令:

ERROR:

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

Amber

Apr 17, 2008, 11:06:29 PM4/17/08
If I change the system account, which oraclexe and listener service
run on, to a local administrator account, both service can start and
work.

Frank van Bortel

Apr 18, 2008, 1:33:17 PM4/18/08
Amber wrote:
>> Anyway, copy and paste this:
>>
>> startup
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\GUXIAOBO>sqlplus / as sysdba
>

> SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on ??? 4? 18 09:57:38 2008

> Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.
>

> ?????????

Cannot read that, sorry

joel garry

Apr 18, 2008, 4:13:23 PM4/18/08
On Apr 18, 10:33 am, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Comes out as ideograms on google groups. The first one is a date, of
course, and babelfish says "□has received the spatial □example
regulation." and "□□enters with □: Sys □entrance command:" for the
others. :-)

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://blog.luckydogaudio.com/articles/2007/04/02/barkies

Amber

Apr 19, 2008, 6:15:07 AM4/19/08

The last statement of the outputf means "Connected to an idle process"