OERR 1575

Detlev Goebel

Mar 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/11/99

I got the error message : ORA-01575: timeout waiting for space management
resource.

Does anybody know which dependencies raise this error message ?

Thanks in advance

Detlev Goebel

bch...@my-dejanews.com

Mar 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/11/99
In article <7c82q5$c50$1...@news4.muc.eurocyber.net>,

Most of this is caused by SMON busy allocating temporary segments for
a sort. If this shows occasionally, it's not a problem. If its more
than occasional, tune your temporary tablespace to have larger default
extents and pctincrease to 0. You should also increase minextents
to 20 to minimize re-allocating extents. One other way is to increase
sort_area_size to reduce sort on disks.

On a busy system with intensive query/sorts, I would size 2m for initial
and next and minextents 40, and of course 0 for pctincrease.

Regards,

-Bass Chorng
DBA, Lucent Technologies

Detlev Goebel

Mar 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/12/99
Thanks for your hints.
I got this message during DB - reorganization - so I think there is nothing
to change.

regards

Detlev Goebel

bch...@my-dejanews.com schrieb in Nachricht