getting rid of distributed transaction

Daud

Dec 4, 2002, 12:25:16 AM12/4/02
Oracle 8.1.7.3 on HP-UX 11.00

I saw this error message below and I am not sure how to solve it.

Error 28500 trapped in 2PC on transaction 11.54.3771. Cleaning up.
Error stack returned to user:
ORA-02054: transaction 11.54.3771 in-doubt
ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this
message:
[Transparent gateway for RDB]trying all tdps, ignoring failure
ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from WTMTAIRW

I checked in pending_trans$ and saw the above transaction.
How can I find the sid and serial# of the session that created the
above transaction and possibly the dedicated oracle server process
processid?

I did - rollback force '11.54.3771'; but this did not do anything
after 2 hours.
The status in pending_trans$ shows 'Prepared'. Right now that
transaction is holding some kind of lock on one table and I am not
even able to select all records from the table. Any advice?

I have encountered a similar problem before with a dblink to another
oracle database. That problem happened when the WAN went down. I found
that I had to kill the dedicated server process to remove the lock on
a table. Killing the session didn't do anything.

Thanks
Daud

Mark D Powell

Dec 4, 2002, 9:40:26 AM12/4/02
dau...@hotmail.com (Daud) wrote in message news:<f0bf3cc3.02120...@posting.google.com>...

Daud, is the remote database available? If not, can you make it
available so Oracle can resolve the transaction for you. Are there
any messages in the alert log related to this transaction?

Clearing of indoubt distributed transactions is covered in the
manuals. See the dbms_transaction package documentation.

example DBMS_TRANSACTION.PURGE_LOST_DB_ENTRY ('11.54.3771');

HTH and good luck -- Mark D Powell --