ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

Alex Snoeren

Jul 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/17/98
Hello !

When I try to create a DAD in the OWAS
I get this error : ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not
performed

But i guess i entered the right SID! It works when I connect to sql*plus.

So does anybody have some suggestions?

thanks!
Alex

sno...@casema.net

c.m.j.h...@fd.no-spam.agro.nl

Jul 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/17/98

Alex Snoeren wrote:

Hello Alex,

You have to fill in a SID if your Oracle database server is on the same server
as the WAS server otherwise if the database server is on a remote machine you
have to fill in a SQL*NET service.

Here is a possible solution if you are using SQL*NET:

First use ping to test if the server can be reaced: ping <ipadres>
If this works then use tnsping to test if the SQL*NET connection is working:
tnsping <service>
(TNSPING is on the \bin directory in the oracle tree)
If this works use this <service> in the DAD.

I hope this information is of any helpk to you.

c.m.j.h...@fd.no-spam.agro.nl

Jul 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/17/98

sui...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca

Jul 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/17/98
Hi Alex:

Please tell me more about the error. From my experience, this error may be
OK as long as you can connect to database.

Best regards,

--
Best regards,

sui...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca

Jul 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/19/98
Hi all:

Yes, Bulent is correct. Oracle Support told me long time ago that the
ORA-03121 error is casued by the conflict when both OWS and Oracle 8
installed in one machine. They suggested me to use the Net8. I tried that
but no luck. I could connect to Oracle 8 with Net8 in SQL/Plus. But when I
accessed the admin page Internet Explorer, I had no way to get it conenct.
So I changed it back to SQL*Net2.3.

I think if someone can show me a way how to set the listeners for running
the both Net8 and SQL*Net 2.3 at the same time. This problem may be
solved.

From my experience, Alex, please ignore this message if the www/admin
configuration are working properly. I read the book Oracle Web Server
Toolkit Reference published by Oracle Press. This error was also shown in
their sample report.

Best regards,