Streams Replication: Source DB Oracle 11gR2, Target DB Oracle 11gR1

Ora_DBA

Jul 20, 2011, 8:02:44 AM7/20/11
We are replicating a few tables from Oracle Database 11gR2 to Oracle
11gR1 using Streams Replication (Downstream Capture). The archived log
files from the source DB (11gR2) are shipped to a shared drive. We
then register the archived log files at the target database (11gR1)
using ALTER DATABASE REGISTER ... command.

We are getting the following error message:

ORA-01333: failed to establish Logminer Dictionary
ORA-01304: subordinate process error. Check alert and trace logs
ORA-01358: LogMiner version is less than mined dictionary version

Do we need to update the target database to 11gR2 ? Is there a work-
around?

Any other information that might be relevant would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

- Sanjay

Michel Cadot

Jul 20, 2011, 11:16:12 AM7/20/11

"Ora_DBA" <sanjaydha...@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
cb0f9792-c6ab-42da...@c29g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...

Yes. No.

Regards
Michel

ddf

Jul 20, 2011, 1:48:40 PM7/20/11

11.1 is not forward compatible with 11.2. You need to upgrade the
destination to 11.2 for this to function.

David Fitzjarrell