Import *.wk3 - question from new babie

Hiang Swee Chiang

Jul 19, 1994, 11:59:31 AM7/19/94
Hello everyone,

I am new to Access. I am using Access 1.1 and I have a wk3 file from
lotus 123. I saw from the Import dialog box that I can import wk3 file.
However, when I click on the ok button, I received an error dialog box saying

MSACCESS.INI is missing or isn't the correct version. Import/Export isn't
available.

I checked my windows directory and msaccess.ini is there and the things inside
it look fine although I don't understand most of it.

Can someone enlighten me on that. Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Swee

dvo...@sis.bms.com

Jul 25, 1994, 11:07:24 PM7/25/94
In Article <hiang.15...@undp.org>

hi...@undp.org (Hiang Swee Chiang) writes:
>I am using Access 1.1 and I have a wk3 file from
>lotus 123. I saw from the Import dialog box that I can import wk3 file.
>However, when I click on the ok button, I received an error dialog box saying
>
>MSACCESS.INI is missing or isn't the correct version. Import/Export isn't
>available.
>
>I checked my windows directory and msaccess.ini is there and the things inside
>it look fine although I don't understand most of it.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that the import filter was not
installed. (I believe the import filters are an install option.)

Try executing the Access Setup program and re-installing the import filters.

Good Luck!

David Dvorin