What userid to drop an informix database as

goodolpete

Jul 14, 2008, 9:02:16 AM7/14/08
I'm on a UAT server, logged on as cridv2
In dbaccess drop database option gives error "425 Another user started
this database."
So I su to root
then su to informix
I find dbaccess in /user/informix/bin and cd to there
ls -l dbaccess
-rwxr-xr-x 1 informix informix 472558 Jan26 1996 dbaccess

Now however dbaccess gives "dbaccess not found"

Is there another userid that informix is started by?
TIA<

TBP

Jul 14, 2008, 10:31:26 AM7/14/08

> finderr 425
-425 Database is currently opened by another user.

Another user has opened the requested database in exclusive mode, or
you have more than one connection to the database server. Repeat the
statement after a short delay or when the database is known to be
idle.

Christian Knappke

Jul 14, 2008, 10:39:04 AM7/14/08
From the keyboard of goodolpete <sirami...@yahoo.com>:

> I'm on a UAT server, logged on as cridv2
> In dbaccess drop database option gives error "425 Another user
> started this database."

It's rather INF -425 Database is currently opened by another user.

It means that a user is using the database. Maybe it's you? Try
close database: before drop database;

Use onstat -g ses and onstat -g ses <session ID> to find the
session that keeps the database open.

> So I su to root
> then su to informix

You'd better su - informix to set the environment correctly.

> I find dbaccess in /user/informix/bin and cd to there
> ls -l dbaccess
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 informix informix 472558 Jan26 1996 dbaccess
>
> Now however dbaccess gives "dbaccess not found"

The current directory is not in the PATH, so try ./dbaccess

> Is there another userid that informix is started by?

No.

HTH
Christian
--
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/* The opinions stated above are my own and not

Joerg Volz

Jul 14, 2008, 10:41:28 AM7/14/08

"goodolpete" <sirami...@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I'm on a UAT server, logged on as cridv2
> In dbaccess drop database option gives error "425 Another user started
> this database."
> So I su to root
> then su to informix
> I find dbaccess in /user/informix/bin and cd to there
> ls -l dbaccess
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 informix informix 472558 Jan26 1996 dbaccess
>
> Now however dbaccess gives "dbaccess not found"

did you try starting dbaccess with ./dbaccess ? Not every *NIX Installation
includes the current directory in your $PATH Variable.

Joerg