Please Help !!! Can't drop table

Susan Elliott (ISG)

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98

Howdy folks,

I keep getting the following error when trying to drop a table. I can
exclusively lock the table and then rollback, I try again to delete the
table and still get this error message. Does anyone have any ideas on
how I can get around this, apart from bouncing the engine.....???

FYI,
Suze.

214: Cannot remove file for table (ttdsst020001).
106: ISAM error: non-exclusive access.

Susan Elliott
Host Team Leader
ISG
( 520 -8608
* sus...@fclcis.co.nz

Bill Ennis

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98

Someone else is using the table. Use onstat -k to see who has locks on the
system. The tblsnum column of onstat -k output will help you
identify which tables/rows have locks on them. You need to
cross reference the tblsnum with the partnum in systables for the table
that you are trying to lock. Then to get the owner of the lock grab
the owner column for all rows that match on tblsnum and compare
with onstat -u output. Then you can ask them to log out or
kill the session with onstat -z.

-Bill

ins...@shabakah.com

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98

bill

I guess you meant kill using onmode -z?

Umesh Patel

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98

Hi Susan,

Please recycle engine and then drop table. What happened
in your case, their is stray lock on that table ( which was created
by some process, when process leave it should cleared but it did not )
that's why you are getting that error.

Thanks,

Susan Elliott (ISG) wrote:

> Howdy folks,
>
> I keep getting the following error when trying to drop a table. I can
> exclusively lock the table and then rollback, I try again to delete the
> table and still get this error message. Does anyone have any ideas on
> how I can get around this, apart from bouncing the engine.....???
>
> FYI,
> Suze.
>
> 214: Cannot remove file for table (ttdsst020001).
> 106: ISAM error: non-exclusive access.
>
> Susan Elliott
> Host Team Leader
> ISG