-113 ISAM error: file is locked

Jennifer

Oct 25, 2001, 11:13:21 AM10/25/01
I need your help. I am using SE 7.2. I was altering a table in
dbaccess and mistakenly hit Ctrl-Z instead of Ctrl-X. It canceled me
out of dbaccess, now the table is locked. I cannot select anything
from it, without getting the 113 file is locked error. The error
reference mentions a .lok file, but I have searched and no file was
found. I tried unlocking the table and dropping the table and
database without any luck. I have exhusted my references. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Jennifer Duby

Michael Krzepkowski

Oct 25, 2001, 11:22:46 AM10/25/01
Reboot the system. If Informix used OS locking, it will unlock the table.

HTH

Michael

Dirk Moolman

Oct 25, 2001, 11:58:24 AM10/25/01

Use "onstat -u | grep your_login" to get the thread you aborted, then

use "onmode -z sid" to kill this session.

If you want, you can run the following between these 2 steps to see what
the session id is doing that you are looking at:

onstat -g sql sid
OR
onstat -g ses sid

Just note that, if the thread is in a critical stage (X flag in onstat -u),
you can bring down the database engine by killing the thread.
How big is the table, is it small ? If you can, leave it for a while
to see if it completes on its own, otherwise you will have to kill it.

** Can the gurus please comment on what happens to the table that was being
when the session aborted / or a session is killed. The process must
either
continue running in the background or rollback like a normal transaction,
right ?

Oct 25, 2001, 12:53:51 PM10/25/01

Jennifer,

Pressing C-z you put your dbaccess to the background.
Just type "fg" from the same terminal ( from a shell prompt ),
or find and kill it.

Paul Watson

Oct 25, 2001, 2:18:06 PM10/25/01
It's now running in background, if you are still on the same terminal
session type 'fg'. If not find it on the ps listing and kill it if
it's still there.

--
Paul Watson #
Oninit Ltd # Growing old is mandatory

Dirk Moolman

Oct 26, 2001, 2:18:39 AM10/26/01

Sorry, wasn't concentrating - didn't look at the SE 7.2

Maybe I should change my motto to "so much beer, so little time"