runtime does not log the program name that produces the error?

Evelio Martínez

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
Hello!
Since I migrate some apps from Informix 4 to INFORMIX-4GL Version
7.20.UD7, there are some errors
that does not log in the error file.

Is there any bug or reason for this?

Exception
Date: 23/12/1999 Time: 11:21:24
FORMS statement error number -1260.
It is not possible to convert between the specified types.
Date: 30/11/1999 Time: 19:37:51
FORMS statement error number -1213.
Character to numeric conversion error

Normal sintax:
Program error at "lib_nom.4gl", line number 49.
Error en sentencia SQL -206.
The specified table (cabrap) is not in the database.

Regards
Evelio Martínez
program...@sinix.net

Robert Taylor

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
Does the program work ok in debug i.e the 4gi ?
( Assuming your on Unix ).
If so then you probably need to initialize FORM fields and values accepted
from them.

Michael Krzepkowski

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
Hi!

You are right: none of the FORMS errors show the name on the module.

You have to find the problem the old fashioned way - debug or manually.

Michael

jair

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99

Evelio Martínez wrote:

> Hello!
> Since I migrate some apps from Informix 4 to INFORMIX-4GL Version
> 7.20.UD7, there are some errors
> that does not log in the error file.
>
> Is there any bug or reason for this?
>
> Exception
> Date: 23/12/1999 Time: 11:21:24
> FORMS statement error number -1260.
> It is not possible to convert between the specified types.

This error means that you have problems on the code of that program,
because you are traying to assing values in one variable wich does not
support the type of value

> Date: 30/11/1999 Time: 19:37:51
> FORMS statement error number -1213.
> Character to numeric conversion error

THIS KIND OF ERROR MEANS almost the same of the other, but maybe
overfloading a string variable

> Normal sintax:
> Program error at "lib_nom.4gl", line number 49.
> Error en sentencia SQL -206.
> The specified table (cabrap) is not in the database.

I think her you are looking for a table that does not exist
and like someone tell you the first 2 error's you have to debug them in
an old fashion so good luck and read your manual's

> Regards
> Evelio Martínez
> program...@sinix.net

Evelio Martínez

Dec 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/24/99

I know what the errors mean. The question is if there is a bug in Informix 7
and does not log the errors with the program and line number and I have to
debug manually.

Some has told me that it is the case.

Thanks

jair wrote: