error on Imported restore

Laurie Gustin

Feb 21, 2013, 11:01:12 AM2/21/13
to inform...@iiug.org
trying an imported restore from a whole system backup ( onbar -r -w -p ) and I get this error..

 Unable to start the storage space restore: Archive API error: already open.

two weeks ago I successfully did an imported restore to another server (same source server).
With this new restore I also got this error

 Cannot read reserved pages from rootdbs object.

I had to set this env variable IFX_USE_ONCFG=1   which I did not have to do last time.  Then I got the already open error.

There is one difference in the two restores, the restore that worked already had one instance of IDS running on the box.  This new restore does not have an instance already running.  Is there a way to test connections using onbar when the instance is not online (probably not)  Do I have to create a fake instance in order to make this work?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Laurie

IDS11.7FC5