SEVERE Problem !!!! help

dvsi...@my-dejanews.com

Mar 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/16/99
All

currently I have only one dbspace ( i.e rootdbs )
I tried to create new dbspace ( temp and another data dbspace )
as shown below ....I performed all the below steps after doing

oninit
---------
onspace -c -t -d temp_space -p /data/informix/demo_on/temp
It throws back this error..
shared memory not initialized for INFORMIXSERVER 'demo_on'

Even 'oncheck -cc demo_on' throws back this error
shared memory not initialized for INFORMIXSERVER 'demo_on'
Error writing to network
Abnormal end !!!!

Even my onmonitor shows this error:
Error writing to network

---Plese help me out with a solution

THanks in Advance
D.V.Singh
dvs...@amsoftindia.com

Doug McAllister

Mar 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/16/99
The INFORMIXSERVER variable needs to be set to either the value of the
DBSERVERNAME or one of the DBSERVERALIASES values in your onconfig fiile.
Additionally, these entries need to be in your sqlhosts file.
The value 'demo_on' is the entry that is in the sqlhosts.demo file and is
probably not what you have named your instance.

Paulo Amorim

Mar 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/16/99
In article <7clsrm$8i7$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

dvsi...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Hi,
> All
>
> currently I have only one dbspace ( i.e rootdbs )
> I tried to create new dbspace ( temp and another data dbspace )
> as shown below ....I performed all the below steps after doing
>
> oninit
> ---------
> onspace -c -t -d temp_space -p /data/informix/demo_on/temp
> It throws back this error..
> shared memory not initialized for INFORMIXSERVER 'demo_on'
>
> Even 'oncheck -cc demo_on' throws back this error
> shared memory not initialized for INFORMIXSERVER 'demo_on'
> Error writing to network
> Abnormal end !!!!
>
> Even my onmonitor shows this error:
> Error writing to network
>
> ---Plese help me out with a solution
>
> THanks in Advance
> D.V.Singh
> dvs...@amsoftindia.com

Did you check your message log file ???
It seems that your oninit command was not successful, and the answer to your
problem is shown in the message log file. If you need help, show your message
log file so that we can have an idea of what is happening.

Good luck

Paulo Roberto Marelli de Amorim
TS&0 Consulting
Brasil