Connecting to a remote DB2 database from Java

Anthony Snead

May 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/30/97

Help.

I am trying to connect to a DB2 database which resides on a remote
machine from a Java Application running on my RS/6000 (with AIX 4.1.0
and Java jdk1.1 installed). After each attempt to run my program,
I receive the error:

java.sql.SQLException: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL10013N The specified
library "" could not be loaded.
SQLSTATE=42724

at
ibm.sql.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_SQLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:130)
at
ibm.sql.SQLExceptionGenerator.check_return_code(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:240)
at ibm.sql.DB2Connection.<init>(DB2Connection.java:292)
at ibm.sql.DB2Driver.connect(DB2Driver.java:156)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:88)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:126)
at Db776Test.main(Db776Test.java:43)

and the following appears in file
$INSTANCE_DIR/sqllib/db2dump/db2diag.log:

Thu May 29 13:16:48 1997
hazinst pid(52600) process (java)
common_communication sqlcctcpconnr Probe:17
DIA2000C Error loading library "bin/db2tcpr"

I can connect to the remote database using a Java Applet;
I can connect to all of my local databases with the same Java
Application;
I can connect to any (remote or local) database from the DB2 Command
Line;
I can connect to any (remote or local) database from an embedded SQL C
program.

I looked, but I couldn't find any file named db2tcpr on my system
anywhere.
If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Anthony Snead asn...@mar.lmco.com