JDBC driver problem in 5.2

1 view

Robert Johnson

Jul 8, 2001, 8:17:04 PM7/8/01
I am trying to connect a Windows 98 workstation with SDK 5.2 fixpack 15
to an OS/2 4.51 server with DB2 5.2 fixpack 15 and am running into a
problem. I have the JDBC server on OS/2 running on port 6789 and
can connect the sample "DB2Applt.html" file on the OS/2 box to the
database with no problems, but when I try to connect the same
"DB2Applt.html" file on the Windows 98 system to the database I get
the following errors from the Java console in Netscape 4.75:
(The OS/2 server is 10.1.1.1 & Win98 is 10.1.1.4)

Netscape Communications Corporation -- Java 1.1.5

Type '?' for options.

Symantec Java! ByteCode Compiler Version 210.065
Copyright (C) 1996-97 Symantec Corporation
netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.Couldn't connect to
'10.1.1.1' with origin from 'local-classpath-classes'.

at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)

at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)

at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(Compiled Code)

at java.lang.SecurityException.<init>(Compiled Code)

at netscape.security.AppletSecurityException.<init>(Compiled Code)

at netscape.security.AppletSecurityException.<init>(Compiled Code)

at netscape.security.AppletSecurity.checkConnect(Compiled Code)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(Compiled Code)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Compiled Code)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Compiled Code)

at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Connection.create(Compiled Code)

at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Connection.<init>(Compiled Code)

at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver.connect(Compiled Code)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)

* at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)

at DB2Applt.init(Compiled Code)

at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$InitAppletEvent.dispatch(Compiled
Code)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(Compiled
Code)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)

at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(Compiled
Code)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at DB2Applt.paint(Compiled Code)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Compiled Code)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Compiled Code)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Compiled Code)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(Compiled
Code)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)

at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(Compiled
Code)

Any help is greatly appreciatrd,
Bob

Jerry Stuckle

Jul 8, 2001, 11:53:14 PM7/8/01
Robert,

You're running into the security restrictions of applets. Applets can
only request resources from the server from which they are loaded. This
will work if you have your web server going on the OS/2 machine and load
the applet from there. It will not work if you load the applet from any
other machine.

--
To reply, delete the 'x' from my email

Jerry Stuckle