Problem with Stored Procedure in Java ?

1 view

tv...@my-dejanews.com

May 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/14/99
We are trying to get a Stored Procedure written in Java to work. We
have followed all steps outlined in the docs. When we try to call this
stored procedure from a java program, we get the following error
message.

Database server : DB2/NT 5.2.0

C:\JSDK2.0\examples\udf>java Struct21STPClient

Java Stored Procedure Sample

Registering Java stored procedure SAMPLESTOREDPROC
as Struct21STP!getPathForNode
in not fenced mode
Procedure registered

Calling stored procedure: SAMPLESTOREDPROC
java.sql.SQLException: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL4301N Java
interpreter startup or communication
failed, reason code "3". SQLSTATE=58004
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(Compiled Code)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Compiled Code)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:3822)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLExecute(JdbcOdbc.java:1102)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.execute(Compiled
Code)
at Struct21STPClient.callStoredProc(Struct21STPClient.java:89)
at Struct21STPClient.main(Struct21STPClient.java:124)

Any ideas on what might be causing this. (We have the
appropriate "java home" variables setup in DB2 and everything).

Thanks,
Venu