Connecttion to a gupta-database via odbc

Dieter Engelhardt

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

I want to connect to centura-databases (local and on server/novel) by
using an 32bit-odbc-driver on Win95.
Installing the driver is no problem, but while connect to the
server/database (e. g. with test program ODBCT.EXE of gupta sites) an
error occurs:

the communication dll SQLODB32.DLL brings an error message:
"Cannot communicate with SQLRouter/ODBC"
and the odbc-driver (I think it is from the odbc-driver):
"[INTERSOLVE][ODBC SQLBase driver][SQLBase]00401 DBA COD Cannot open
database"

I use a test version of the odbc-driver of Intersolve.

Is it possible that there is an error or something missing in my
sql.ini? I changed it with SQLEDIT.EXE, but nothing more.

Has got anyone experience?

Thanks a lot.

Guenther Hartmann

Matthew Huck

Sep 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/27/97

Hello

I have had no problem connecting to SqlBase from 32 Bit ODBC. Double check
your Connection String.

Matthew Huck

Carsten Barner Nielsen

Sep 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/28/97

Gunter,

In SQL.INI:

[win32client.dll]
comdll=sqlodb32

is SQLODB32.DLL, SQLWNTM.DLL & SQLNGCI.DLL on the computer and in your path
?

BTW: if you got more than one SQL.INI make sure the correct one is in use

--
Regards,

Carsten Barner Nielsen
[TeamAssist]
ISS Data A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark
email: 10146...@compuserve.com

Stephan Werner

Oct 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/1/97
Make sure you have a 32bit application. You need an 16bit driver for
16bit applications, under Win95 too.
Regards
Stephan

Javier Gallardo Martinez

Oct 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/2/97

Dieter Engelhardt <d.enge...@angermeier.de> wrote:

Fiist you should check you connection with the SQLTALK32.exe. Connect
Database user/passs.
After check your ODBC.ini. I found some problems with the
installations of the Demo Intersolv ODBC drivers. Check the sections.
[ODBC 32 bit Data Sources]
SQLBase_212=Centura SQLBase 32-bit Driver-NT & Win95 (32 bit)

[SQLBase_212]
Driver32=C:\WIN95\SYSTEM\gpgup09.dll

I achieve to connect.

Javier.