Multi threaded simulations using ncsim

Atul.ee

Apr 26, 2010, 3:41:39 AM4/26/10
I want to fire a multi threaded gate level simulation using ncsim. I
have tried following commands:

1. irun -processor 4
2. irun -processor 4 -profthread

(Note: Simulations were fired on a 8-core machine)

But in both the cases I can see only one CPU being utilized.
Please help.

Regards,
Atul

Andrew Beckett

Apr 26, 2010, 9:55:37 AM4/26/10
Atul.ee wrote, on 04/26/10 08:41:

Atul,

As far as I'm aware, the -processor argument is for when you're using APS as the
analog solver in a mixed-signal simulation, and even then it just controls the
"processor affinity" (see "man taskset") to get the most out of a multi-threaded
analog simulation.

I'm not really an expert on the digital parts of Incisive, but as far as I know,
it is not multi-threaded in itself (although you could have multiple threads in
a system C block, for example).

Why did you think that "-processor 4" would tell it to use 4 CPUs? Is this
documented somewhere? (if it's in Cadence documentation, I'd like to know!)

Thanks,

Andrew.

zhy9...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2018, 10:20:01 AM2/6/18
在 2010年4月26日星期一 UTC+2上午9:41:39,Atul.ee写道:
Useful, thx.
Regards,
Yue