Error while opening Layout View using Layout XL in IC614

Sam

Jun 6, 2012, 1:36:59 PM6/6/12
Dear all,

I have just migrated to IC614 (OpenAccess verions) from IC514 (CDB version). I have installed IC614, IUS82, MMSIM101, ASSURA-614 in CentOS 5.8. I am using UMC 180nm technology node. It seems I have properly set the cds.lib, .cdsinit and assura_tech.lib. So, after doing this I just thought to verify that all the licensed features are working fine or not.

So, using Schematic XL I have created a simple inverter and did a transient analysis using ADE (G)XL. It worked fine. Then I tried to open the layout view using Layout XL. But I got the following error message:

"(LX-2063): The technology library 'cdsDefTechLib' contains no constraint groups that have a 'validLayers' or 'validVias' constraint defined. Thus the XL connectivity extractor is disabled. To enable it, add a 'validLayers' constraint to the appropriate constraint group, and ensure that this constraint group is specified by the 'setupConstraintGroup' environment variable."

Please suggest me how to fix this issue.

Regards
Sam

Jean-Marc Bourguet

Jun 6, 2012, 2:59:30 PM6/6/12
Using the technology library cdsDefTechLib is very suspicious for a layout
and looks like a set up problem. You probably are trying to create the
layout in a library which doesn't refer to the tech file of UMC 180 nm.

When you create a library, you are proposed 3 or 4 ways to associate it
with a technology library, you should probably make it reference the one in
your PDK.

Yours,

--
Jean-Marc

Sam

Jun 7, 2012, 2:01:07 AM6/7/12
Thank you, Jean. After seeing your post I realized that after creating the library with the UMC 1800 nm technology files with alias 'UMC180_Analog', I renamed the alias to UMC_18_CMOS. And that was causing the problem. Now everything is working fine.

Thank you once again.

pbhattac...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2017, 6:28:19 AM1/31/17
I am facing the same problem, but your solution is not helping.

cw...@baysand.com

Dec 13, 2017, 11:04:13 PM12/13/17
1) Solved it by Tools–>Technology File Manager.

2) Manager –>Attach.. (Select the Design library and attach to proper technology library)

Vishesh Gupta

May 9, 2021, 2:00:59 PM5/9/21
Thanks, buddy...I was having the same problem and it worked!