letters to figures

supra

Sep 5, 2007, 2:47:32 PM9/5/07
Hi ,
I am trying to prints names on to the chip layout.
So is there a procedure where i could create names in layout . Is the
best way to create a pcell for each letter or number or is an existing
procedure

supra

Kholdoun TORKI

Sep 6, 2007, 12:13:56 PM9/6/07

Take a look at this link :

http://www.cdnusers.org/Forums/tabid/52/forumid/62/postid/1599/view/topic/Default.aspx

It was originally written with the following header :

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Program Name : pgText.il
Author : Matt MacConnel [Cadence, Orlando ]
Date : 12/16/91
Revision : 1.0
SW Release : 4.2.1
Prerequisites : None
Synopsis : pgText() => nil
Users Guide : None
Description :
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Regards,

Kholdoun TORKI
http://cmp.imag.fr

Svenn Are Bjerkem

Sep 6, 2007, 3:28:51 PM9/6/07

Just to mention it in case you haven't already found out: There is a
save As in gimp where you can save a bitmap to a .il file and load
that one into virutoso. You have to compile the CIF module for gimp so
you need a working gcc environment.

It is a fairly easy way to get company logos onto metal. A little
experimenting is nescessary but the result is really good.
--
Svenn

Andrew Beckett

Sep 16, 2007, 3:05:35 AM9/16/07

There's also a utility in the "turbo toolbox" (now included with Virtuoso Layout
Editor) - see the documentation for the turbo toolbox.

Andrew.
--
Andrew Beckett
Senior Solution Architect

Marios Barlas

Mar 16, 2015, 11:04:45 AM3/16/15
Which requires the technology file. I am developing a layout without technology as I am kind of developing the techonlogy in the clean room at the same time. This is some limitation that forces me to take different turns just to print some letters...