how to increase blow up limits of a quantity in Cadence VHDL-AMS simulator

May 30, 2005, 4:35:50 PM5/30/05
hi
Can anyone please tell me how to increase the blow up limit of a
quantity in a VHDL-AMS model.
Thanks in advance.

Andrew Beckett

Jun 13, 2005, 9:17:54 AM6/13/05

If you put a "quantity" statement in the analog control file for the AMS
simulation - for example:

//

defineVoltage quantity \
name="V" \
units="Volts" \
abstol=1e-6 blowup=1e10 huge=1e5 \
description="Voltage"

tran tran stop=5u

I tested this by setting the blowup limit to 1, and it fell over with my 5V
supplies.

Why are you getting signals at the blowup level anyway? It tends to suggest
you really have a different type of quantity which is scaled differently, and
you're using voltage (say) to represent that. Or is it that you've defined
your own quantity, and it's picking up the default blowup limit of 1e9?

You didn't give much information.

I'm not sure whether there is another way of doing this for VHDL-AMS. For
Verilog-AMS, the blowup limit is a Cadence-specific option in the files
such as:

<instdir>/tools/spectre/etc/ahdl/disciplines.vams

Regards,

Andrew.

g3w...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2017, 11:30:56 AM10/16/17
Dear Andrew

thanks for your relay, i did found the file you mentioned above regarding Verilog-A,

however, there is no specification of blowup limit, i can only see specification of abstol such as:
// Position in meters
nature Position
units = "m";
access = Pos;
ddt_nature = Velocity;
`ifdef POSITION_ABSTOL
abstol = `POSITION_ABSTOL;
`else
abstol = 1e-6;
`endif
endnature

may i ask where should i look if i want to increase the blowup limit of Position?

thank you