[simvision] print waveforms to file

alb

Jul 14, 2017, 4:43:05 PM7/14/17
Hi everyone,

we are using Simvision as a waveform viewer, together with ncsim. We often need
to have reports of the simulation which include screenshot of the waveforms
where the details of the test scenario and the results are captured.

Our goal would be to automatize the waveform capturing process as much as
possible, especially when we need to run multiple regressions and we want to
store screenshots for each of them.

Does anyone here have a solution to this problem?

So far we managed to stich together a tcl to actually print the window to eps,
but then we still need some 'massaging' since we cannot really control the
output to the postscript (that includes removing some information added by
Simvision, like a note remembering the entire planet that this export was done
with a Cadence tool!). So far we still need to manually select what we want to
include and which part of the waveforms we want to zoom in, but I believe that
once setup this whole process could be stored in a tcl.svcf file for later
reuse.

Any suggestion/recommendation/pointer is appreciated

Al

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?