How to run Assura DRC from Command line?

Reotaro Hashemoto

Jan 1, 2009, 2:05:43 PM1/1/09
Hello all,

I've been using Calibre to make DRC checks. There, I used to use
command line to run Calibre (like: calibre -drc -hier <runset file>).
The runset file contains information about GDS under check, ruledeck
location, switches setup, topcell name, ....

Now, I'm new to Assura DRC usage, I could quickly get familiar with
the UI DRC run with Assura, but what if I'm running Assura DRC on a
huge number of GDS files, with different combinations of Topcells, and
I need to store *.err and *.log files of each run in a separate
location and unique name. I think I would be using some shell script
to take all these inputs, write runset fiiles corresponding to each
run, and from certain command (i need to know) run Assura then save
results.

Can anybody help me please regarding that?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Ahmad

Andrew Beckett

Jan 2, 2009, 3:00:57 AM1/2/09
Reotaro Hashemoto wrote, on 01/01/09 19:05:

Ahmad,

All you need to do is create an "rsf" file with the details of what to run.
Easiest way to do this is to do it once through the GUI, and then look at the
runName.rsf file created from the GUI. For example:

; adc_sample_hold.rsf
avParameters(
?inputLayout ( "gds2" "./adc_sample_hold.gds" )
?cellName "adc_sample_hold"
?workingDirectory "./assura"
?technology "gpdk090"
?techLib "./assura_tech.lib"
?avrpt t
?dbuPerUU 2000.0
?flagNon45 t
?flagOffGrid (0.005 1.0)
?joinPins top
?overwrite t
?textPriOnly nil
?userUnits "micron"
)

Then just run:

assura ./assura/adc_sample_hold.rsf > ./assura/adc_sample_hold.log

Regards,

Andrew.

--
Andrew Beckett
Senior Solution Architect - Cadence Design Systems Ltd (UK)

Reotaro Hashemoto

Jan 2, 2009, 6:18:44 AM1/2/09
Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot,
Ahmad

On Jan 2, 10:00 am, Andrew Beckett <andr...@DcEaLdEeTnEcTe.HcIoSm>

Reotaro Hashemoto

Jan 6, 2009, 4:22:22 PM1/6/09
Hi Andrew,

Additional question please, In Calibre, I can select specific check(s)
or check group(s) to run only out of the whole checks using DRC SELECT
CHECK <check_name> in the runset file, how can I do similar thing in
Assura if possible?

Thanks and regards,
Ahmad

On Jan 2, 1:18 pm, Reotaro Hashemoto <ahmad.abdulgh...@gmail.com>

Andrew Beckett

Jan 8, 2009, 12:45:21 PM1/8/09
Reotaro Hashemoto wrote, on 01/06/09 21:22:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Additional question please, In Calibre, I can select specific check(s)
> or check group(s) to run only out of the whole checks using DRC SELECT
> CHECK <check_name> in the runset file, how can I do similar thing in
> Assura if possible?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Ahmad

Ahmad,

Probably what you're after is the ?limitRunTo switch in the RSF file.
Take a look in the Assura Command Reference
(<instdir>/doc/assuracommandref/assuracommandref.pdf)

The other alternative is if there are switches (avSwitch) in the rule file, you
can then run a job enabling various switches with the ?set argument to
avParameter. Again, this is covered in the assuracommandref.pdf doc.

ama...@sankalpsemi.com

Jun 17, 2016, 6:03:55 AM6/17/16
Hi Andrew,

How to set switches for running assura in command line?
Do i need to write something for this in rsf file ?

Please suggest me some way.

Thanks,
Amar

--
Disclaimer : Privileged and Confidential information is contained in this e
mail and/or attachments and is subject to legal privilege. This e mail is
intended solely for the recipient/s mentioned above. If you are not the
intended recipient or responsible for delivery of the message to the
intended recipient you may not use, copy, distribute or deliver to anyone
this e mail and/or any attachments or any part of its contents or take any
action in reliance on it. In such case, you should destroy this message,
and notify us immediately. All reasonable precautions have been taken to
ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. Our company is not liable for
any loss arising from unauthorized access to our company’s email account by
any third party and/or any loss caused due to the transmission of any
viruses. The views, opinions, conclusions and other information expressed
in this electronic mail that do not relate to the company’s business shall
be deemed to be the personal opinion of the sender and not endorsed by the
company.