Cadence CAD tools on OpenSolaris

Bluebook

Aug 11, 2010, 7:40:09 PM8/11/10
Hello,

I am trying to install Cadence IC610 (IC-614 06.14.506 Solaris 10)
suite on OpenSolaris 2009.6 version.

It seems that all the installation and configuration process using
Installscape are finished without problem,
but I encounter an error message like the following when I try to
launch virtuoso design environment.

virtuoso: ERROR: The command /tools/cadence/IC610/share/oa/bin/
sysname returned an error status:
unknown
virtuoso: INFO: Note that OpenAccess (OA) requires running the
Configure phase.
virtuoso: See the "OpenAccess Installation and Configuration
Guide" before
virtuoso: you complete the configuration step. This manual is
included with
virtuoso: the Cadence product documentation.

[1] Exit 1 virtuoso

First of all, can I run IC610 on OpenSolaris machine? Is IC610
Solaris10 (x86) version compatible with OpenSolaris? I tried this way
since OpenSolaris is mostly compatible with Solaris 10, so I wanted to
give it a shot.

If they are compatible, does anyone have any suggestion to solve this
error?

Thank you in advance.

Andrew Beckett

Aug 12, 2010, 5:36:21 AM8/12/10
Bluebook wrote, on 08/12/10 00:40:

See my reply to your same question at

http://www.cadence.com/Community/forums/p/16495/896710.aspx#896710

Regards,

Andrew.

jayl...@accelerant.net

Aug 12, 2010, 1:32:43 PM8/12/10
On Aug 11, 4:40 pm, Bluebook <woorim.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install Cadence IC610 (IC-614 06.14.506 Solaris 10)
> suite on OpenSolaris 2009.6 version.

Ah, you've got those Oracle OS licensing blues, huh?

> It seems that all the installation and configuration process using
> Installscape are finished without problem,
> but I encounter an error message like the following when I try to
> launch virtuoso design environment.
>
> virtuoso:   ERROR: The command /tools/cadence/IC610/share/oa/bin/
> sysname returned an error status:
>                             unknown

Well, first, let's actually read the error message, right?

sysname is a utility that the Virtuoso wrappers use to figure out what
platform they're on; what OS version, what hardware type, etc. It
runs
uname w/various options, it snoops installation status files in /etc,
stuff
like that. It's just a shell script.

In your case, you want it to return something like "sunos_510_x86",
but it's returning "unknown" because one or more of the clues it's
looking for aren't there. You could try to fix that, but there's a
comment
in the script that sure makes it look like you want to do something
like
this:

export OA_UNSUPPORTED_PLAT=sunos_510_x86 (bash)
setenv OA_UNSUPPORTED_PLAT sunos_510_x86 (tcsh)

...and try again. Or just run Linux, which would have the advantage
of being supported (both by the OS supplier and by CDNS)!

-Jay-