How LSF handles Spectre MT

ejm20Rick

Oct 24, 2016, 10:45:54 AM10/24/16
We are currently using LSF to submit our jobs using the CDS integration of LBS, we are not using command mode. ADEXL launches an ICRP job for each thread that is requested on the job setup panel. So if you request 4 threads, then you get 4 ICRP jobs as shown below:

JOBID USER STAT QUEUE FROM_HOST EXEC_HOST JOB_NAME SUBMIT_TIME
824765 rmatter RUN normal ussjc-lw048 ussjc-lc010 *runICRP13 Oct 21
ussjc-lc010.invcorp.com
ussjc-lc010.invcorp.com
ussjc-lc010.invcorp.com

LSF “see’s” each of these threads as a job so if the queue limits each user to 4 jobs, then all other jobs will be pending even though this is only one simulation and there are more license and slots available. Im looking for a way to tell LSF that this is only one job and not 4. Basically each time you hit the “Run Simulation”, LSF counts this as one job no matter how many threads are requested. With the current implementation, the user is trading job count for thread count.

Thanks