HELP - "Divide by Zero or Overflow Error"

Kevlar9296

Dec 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/5/99

... is a message I'm getting when trying to start my Autocad 12 for windows on
Windows NT 4.0, service pack 5. I tried re-installing, but it didn't do the
trick. I still get
the error. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

thanks.

Paul Turvill

Dec 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/5/99
The first version of AutoCAD that will run reliably in NT is R13c4. I
don't know of anyone who's been able to get R12 to run in NT.
__
Kevlar9296 <kevla...@aol.com> wrote in message

Dan Singleton

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
We were successfully running about 12 seats of R12 for Windows on Windows on
networked NT 4.0 machines for about 18 months with no problems whatsoever.
(I'm not sure if R12 for DOS would work.)

The problem Kevlar9296 is having probably has to do with his CPU speed. The
fasted CPU we were able to use R12 on NT 4.0 was a PII-300. Any faster you
get the "Divide by..." error. Apparently the 16bit crap in R12 freaks out on
the 300hz+ machines. One of those rare occasions where you'll actually need
to run a program on a slower machine. (Try lowering your clock speed to 266
or so, ugh.)

Dan

David Hansen

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
I have been able to run R12 DOS on a 500 MHz P-3 under Win95, and on a 700
MHz P-3 under Win98.

--

-Dave B^{D>

(Warning: Reply-to address has been changed - Death To Spam!)

Dan Singleton <dsin...@escape.ca> wrote in message