Error in writing/closing file

Arne Grim Maurstad

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

Hi I have a problem when I shall make a wblock of my drawing.

I get the message "Error in writing/closing file".
It occures occasionally.

If anyone are familiar with the problem, please help me ???

Best reg.

Arne Grim Maurstad !!

Robert Albert

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

Have you checked the read/write status of the drive, directory or file?
Also, if you are on a network you need to check the permissions for the
drive and directory. And there has been an issue which Autodesk has
isolated and dealt with regarding write problems with files on a network.
Check out the Autodesk technical support files for the download, which adds
(SetVar "DwgWrite" 1) to your Acad.Lsp file.
--
Robert Albert
Director of Technical Services

Arne Grim Maurstad <maur...@skipsteknisk.no> wrote in article
<55cnej$b...@alpha2.nipnett.no>...

Herbert Hammons

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

Arne Grim Maurstad wrote:

> Hi I have a problem when I shall make a wblock of my drawing.
>
> I get the message "Error in writing/closing file".
> It occures occasionally.
>
> If anyone are familiar with the problem, please help me ???
>
> Best reg.
>
> Arne Grim Maurstad !!I had one of these myself yesterday. You may have an error inside the
drawing database. First try the AutoCAD "RECOVER" command. If that
doesn't help, WBLOCK everything out to a new drawing. If it still will
not save do a DXFOUT on the drawing, start a new drawing, and do a DXFIN.
If you have any xrefs in the drawing detach them and clean up each one
individually. The DXFOUT/DXFIN approach is a little drastic and should
be used as a last resort, but if nothing else works, go for it. It worked
for me.

Herb

Dennis Shinn

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

maur...@skipsteknisk.no (Arne Grim Maurstad) wrote:

>Hi I have a problem when I shall make a wblock of my drawing.

>I get the message "Error in writing/closing file".
>It occures occasionally.

Along with the other fine suggestions you've received, you might check how much
space there is on your hard drive. Do this while you have the drawing open and
right after you get the error message.

I've experienced this message even trying to save and quit a drawing due to
inadequate space on disk. The reason you need to check disk space with the
drawing loaded is because AutoCAD creates a number of temporary files, some of
which can become quite large after a prolonged period of editing.

Dennis Shinn
Seattle AutoCAD User Group
SAUG-BBS [206] 644-7115 [PCGNet]9:517/215
Anatech Systems
Construction Detailing
3D modeling support for the construction industry
http://www.halcyon.com/jeeper
email: jee...@halcyon.com