explode viewports in paperspace or layouts?

Raf Van Tichelen

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
Does anyone know an easy way to explode viewports in paperspace (like a
block) so that they are integrated in one drawing.
(this would be useful when exporting drawings that contain information in
both model- and paperspace (or layouts in r2000))
The only way I know is to plot the drawing to a file, but by doing this many
information gets lost.

Kenneth Anderson

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
There is a utility Space2space
go to
http://www.cadalog.com/
and search for the filename
Sp2sp23b.exe

It will move or copy entities from one space to another.
I believe that AutoDesk put somthing in the bonus tools, or there is
somthing in the express tools that does a simmilar thing in A2k.

In R14 you cannot explode a viewport. AutoCAD will tell you that the
entitiy is invalid.

dont know if it works with A2k though. I kinda doubt it.
K.

Raf Van Tichelen <raf.van....@pandora.be> wrote in article
<MvAz3.624$Zp5...@afrodite.telenet-ops.be>...

Dennis Shinn

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
On Thu, 2 Sep 1999 21:49:08 +0200, "Raf Van Tichelen"
<raf.van....@pandora.be> wrote:

>Does anyone know an easy way to explode viewports in paperspace (like a
>block) so that they are integrated in one drawing.

Are you looking for a way to put paperspace objects in modelspace or
vice-versa (modelspace objects in paperspace)? Then Ken's suggestion
might well be the answer. On the other hand, paperspace/A2K layouts
are integral to the drawing in the first place. Other than the fact
that the current layout is the only one that's saved if the drawing is
saved back to R14/13. In the event you have more than one layout
configured in A2k then these others will be ignored.

I'm not sure if I understood your question entirely, though.