Replacement for 80C535?

Tomaz Tekavec

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
I'm looking for a microcontroller which is compatible with Siemens 80C535
and has
internal program memory (OTP EPROM or FLASH,..) with protection. It has to
work from -40 to +85 degrees C. It should be available in P-LCC-68 package.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tomaz Tekavec

Odell, Mark

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
Philips 80C552?

Øystein Brandt Kjelsen

May 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/29/99

I doubt that there is a drop-in replacement (and I think I remember 535
as romless
only..)
I think Philips may have several alternatives 8XC552, 8XC554 8XC562 and
more.
Eprom or flash 80C51-family are very expensive. You might consider a
romless
chip and a WSI PSDxxx combination.

Gerhard Möhrle

May 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/29/99
Tomaz Tekavec wrote:

> I'm looking for a microcontroller which is compatible with Siemens 80C535

One of the members of the newer C515-Family is a pin-by-pin replacement.
Sorry, dont know the exact name of the chip.

bye,
Gerhard Moehrle

Robert

May 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/30/99
Tomaz,
the C515 is available as a drop in replacement from Infineon (new name of
former Siemens), however, it is not available as OTP or Flash, just romless or
maks ROM.
The C515A offer also drop in functionality with additional memory if needed but
same story, no OTP, no Flash.
Both types are available in -40/85 and in PLCC as well as in MQFP.

For more information have a look at the data sheets here:
http://www.infineon.com/products/ics/34/c515.htm#c515

Regards, Robert

--
Please remove $NOSPAM$ to answer.
This opinion is my own, if you share it great,

Cheers from sunny California, Robert

Wolfgang Vickermann

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
SAB 83C515A from Siemens.
It is available as PLCC68, 32k OTP

Robert

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
Unfortunately this is a ROM device only. If you want to do yourself a favour, no
new designs with the 8xC51x from Infineon, DO IT WITH THE C5xx, which has been on
the market for a while as C501, C505, C515 and more important, will be on the
market for a long time, because newer technology.

Wolfgang Vickermann wrote:

Michael Viotto

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
>Both types are available in -40/85 and in PLCC as well as in MQFP.

Robert,

the siemens(infeon)-manual
http://www.infineon.com/products/ics/34/pdf/p515.pdf
only lists the P-MQFP80 - package. We have a design here with the
80c515A so I am very interested in a "hardware-update" to the C515A.
Where did you get this package information?

Regards

Michael

P.S. Has Infeon stated a date, when it will stop to produce the
80c515?

Institut fuer Solare Energieversorgungstechnik (ISET) e.V.
Königstor 59 34119 Kassel Tel: 0561/7294-219 Fax: -100
m.vi...@iset.uni-kassel.de www.iset.uni-kassel.de

wavhal....@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2016, 6:06:35 AM1/9/16
> I'm looking for a microcontroller which is compatible with Siemens 80C535.

Pls confirm 80C552 it is compatible with 80c535.

Regards,
Vaibhav

c4urs11

Jan 9, 2016, 6:53:22 AM1/9/16
BTW, you are reviving a 16 year old thread...

What exactly are you looking for?
- A drop-in replacement?
- Pin compatibility?
- Functional compatibility?
- AC/DC spec compatibility?
- Software compatibility (memory/port allocation etc.)
- ...

The 80C552 is pin and instruction set compatible to the 80C535, but has
supplemental features.

Cheers