Messages: multiple recipients

Matthias Frick

Jan 15, 2015, 8:59:12 AM1/15/15
to communi...@googlegroups.com
I am planning to extend the messages system of the CE for group conversations.

What do you think about that? Could this be a feature, which will be merged in the CE?

Cheers, Matthias

Bruno Bornsztein

Jan 16, 2015, 9:42:23 AM1/16/15
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mattias,
Are you thinking just the ability to have multiple recipients on messages?

There was a groups plugin from a long time ago, but it would need to be updated: https://github.com/bborn/community_engine_groups

If this is going to be stand alone functionality, it would probably be better to build it as an addon engine (i.e. gem 'community_engine_group_messages').

Thanks,
Bruno

Matthias Frick

Jan 20, 2015, 7:16:15 AM1/20/15
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruno,

yes I was thinking about the ability to have multiple recipients on messages.. to have something like a group conversation.
I will take a look at your old plugin.

Thx for your reply.

Matthias