JSON API

ethanc...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2017, 6:25:43 PM11/28/17
to Common Crawl
Can Common Crawl be used as a JSON API for searches?

I'd LOVE a basic endpoint where I can send the search and receive metadata of the search results.

Sebastian Nagel

Nov 30, 2017, 2:42:13 AM11/30/17
to common...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

there is kind of a JSON API at
http://index.commoncrawl.org/

It allows to search for URLs (domains, etc.) and returns a JSON structure containing
page metadata and the locations of the content in the crawler archives.

Best,
Sebastian

On 11/29/2017 12:25 AM, ethanc...@gmail.com wrote:
> Can Common Crawl be used as a JSON API for searches?
>
> I'd LOVE a basic endpoint where I can send the search and receive metadata of the search results.

Tom Morris

Dec 3, 2017, 10:00:59 PM12/3/17
to common...@googlegroups.com
If you're looking for a CommonCrawl based search engine which searches the contents of pages rather than just the URLs, that's the sort of thing that Common Search was working towards, but I haven't seen any activity there in a while.

Tom

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 2:42 AM, Sebastian Nagel <seba...@commoncrawl.org> wrote:
Hi,

there is kind of a JSON API at
  http://index.commoncrawl.org/

It allows to search for URLs (domains, etc.) and returns a JSON structure containing
page metadata and the locations of the content in the crawler archives.

Best,
Sebastian

On 11/29/2017 12:25 AM, ethanc...@gmail.com wrote:
> Can Common Crawl be used as a JSON API for searches?
>
> I'd LOVE a basic endpoint where I can send the search and receive metadata of the search results.

Bakz Awan

Dec 24, 2017, 8:37:42 PM12/24/17
to Common Crawl
could you detail more about such an endpoint?

What do you imagine?  Type in a keyword get matching pages/domains, order by domain rank or something?