Can't find raw data for wwwranking.webdatacommons.org

Kevin Burton

Jun 30, 2015, 11:43:49 PM6/30/15
to common...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to find the raw for the data backing this:

I'm really only interested in domain + pagerank... but it would also be nice to have all the URLs and their pagerank.

I can only seem to find the raw webgraph data (nodes+edges) ...

Stephen Merity

Jul 2, 2015, 5:52:15 PM7/2/15
to common...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

That data was created by our friends at the Web Data Commons team. The ranking data you're interested in is released on their Hyperlink Graph 2012 download page under the Ranking Files header.

wordpress.org 632.7674519980175
youtube.com 586.7626372215032
gmpg.org 481.0557395344608
en.wikipedia.org 434.10923441544645
tumblr.com 314.63741871761187
twitter.com 295.99695933648536
google.com 224.4808039510172
flickr.com 205.62921712369032
rtalabel.org 177.16420282889948
wordpress.com 175.24291503904166

Calculating the pagerank for the domain level graph yourself is also quite feasible with a standard laptop and tools such as FlashGraph or Dato GraphLab Create. Calculating the URL level graph is also possible with both tools though the machines you'll need to use will need to be far more powerful. For GraphLab Create, a single EC2 r3.8xlarge instance takes 10 minutes for a single iteration of PageRank.

If there is sufficient interest, we may be able to release URL level PageRank information in the near future.

Regards,
Stephen Merity
Data Scientist @ Common Crawl