Need help ASAP!!!

serikbek...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2017, 10:04:27 AM6/1/17
to Common Crawl
Hello everyone,
I need help from experienced people from this forum)
I'm doing MSc project, but did not find the main problem yet(((( Can someone help me please to do research or give any advise.
Topic is about  "The Common Crawl know all: analysing web information leakage through indirect means " and I have to find at list 3 main problem and give a way to solve it
 Thank you )))

Ananta Gupta

Jun 1, 2017, 10:16:12 AM6/1/17
to common...@googlegroups.com
Various problems on which you can work is
- detecting spam pages while crawling
- reducing time while indexing
- detecting duplicates

serikbek...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2017, 10:26:48 AM6/1/17
to Common Crawl
Thank you so much. I dont have any experience on this subject and i dont know how to start writing. Can you tell me what kind of tools i can use and if you know any websites where i can read related information?

Ananta Gupta

Jun 1, 2017, 10:50:42 AM6/1/17
to common...@googlegroups.com
As a beginner i explored this site http://nutch.apache.org/
and simulated apache nutch( a web crawler) with the help of https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial this tutorial, understood its full working, and find out loopholes where the work could be done to improve the existing system.
U can simulate binary version of apache nutch on linux and for source version you need to install eclipse.
For finding the solution of problems you can explore the research papers and can read how much work has been done to improve the existing work and what further you can improve, the improvements that you feel that can be done can be written as solutions proposed .

All the best for your project ))

Ananta Gupta

serikbek...@gmail.com

Sebastian Nagel

Jun 2, 2017, 4:29:58 AM6/2/17
to common...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

"analysing web information leakage through indirect means" sounds somewhat vague. I would in any
case ask your advisor to make it more precise. It's a broad topic...

One pointer:
Stephen Merity's "Measuring the impact of Google analytics" [1]
It's about "leakage" of the browsing history of individuals indirectly by tracking the page/site access.

Best,
Sebastian

[1] https://www.slideshare.net/CommonCrawl/measuring-theimpactgoogleanalytics-37370713

Aigerim Serikbekova

Jun 2, 2017, 8:33:50 AM6/2/17
to common...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sebastian, I will look up all information that you gave to me.

On 06/01/2017 04:04 PM, serikbek...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I need help from experienced people from this forum)
> I'm doing MSc project, but did not find the main problem yet(((( Can someone help me please to do
> research or give any advise.
> Topic is about  "The Common Crawl know all: analysing web information leakage through indirect means
> " and I have to find at list 3 main problem and give a way to solve it
>  Thank you )))

heng.y...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2019, 8:40:01 AM4/19/19
to Common Crawl
Hi,
 I'm doing similar MSc project as you now, can I ask you some questions?
Thank you!!

在 2017年6月1日星期四 UTC+1下午3:04:27,serikbe...@gmail.com写道: