Word frequency count from common crawl

Etesh Mangray

Oct 10, 2013, 7:29:45 PM10/10/13
to common...@googlegroups.com
Wondering if anyone has an already existing database or know of one that has word count frequency?  Would save us a week of dev time.  thanks in advance for any leads or advice.

John Wiseman

Oct 10, 2013, 7:59:03 PM10/10/13
to common...@googlegroups.com
If you don't need recent data, and you don't need counts that came from Common Crawl specifically, then there's the Google n-gram data from 2006: http://googleresearch.blogspot.com/2006/08/all-our-n-gram-are-belong-to-you.html

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Etesh Mangray <etesh....@gmail.com> wrote:
Wondering if anyone has an already existing database or know of one that has word count frequency?  Would save us a week of dev time.  thanks in advance for any leads or advice.

Etesh Mangray

Oct 11, 2013, 1:01:43 AM10/11/13
to common...@googlegroups.com
Thanks John - looks like the google n-grams corpus is now available via license for $24K from LDC.

harisankar h

Oct 11, 2013, 1:15:28 AM10/11/13
to common...@googlegroups.com
They can be downloaded directly from here: http://storage.googleapis.com/books/ngrams/books/datasetsv2.html

Sincerely,
Harisankar H

Etesh Mangray

Oct 11, 2013, 2:31:45 AM10/11/13
to common...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the link.

Ryan Stout

Apr 9, 2014, 12:27:07 AM4/9/14
to common...@googlegroups.com
Etesh,
   Did you end up making this data set?  I've been looking to get a web n-gram data set.

Thanks,
   Ryan