How to avoid 503 error

Hao Zhang

Mar 7, 2018, 8:06:49 AM3/7/18
to Common Crawl
Dear all,

I am new to common crawl, and I want to use the index server to check if a couple of links was crawled by common crawl. But I have got 503 response when I use multithreading methods to check. How can I avoid it?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Hao

Sebastian Nagel

Mar 7, 2018, 8:19:45 AM3/7/18
to common...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hao,

please use less threads and slow down until all requests succeed.

It's a single server, it can only answer few requests in parallel.
Please behave cooperative!

There are a couple of other options if you cannot wait. Please read
the instructions on
http://index.commoncrawl.org/

Thanks,
Sebastian

Hao Zhang

Mar 7, 2018, 8:41:32 AM3/7/18
to Common Crawl
Hi, Sebastian,

Thank you very much for your reply!

Best regards,
Hao

在 2018年3月7日星期三 UTC+1下午2:19:45,Sebastian Nagel写道: