Extracting <a hrefs> from the data

jackyna...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2018, 5:15:39 PM2/7/18
to Common Crawl
Hi, I'm slightly confused what data can, and cannot be pulled the from data supplied.

Can you collect links within web pages?

Sebastian Nagel

Feb 8, 2018, 3:59:56 AM2/8/18
to common...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> Can you collect links within web pages?

Yes, of course you can. The easiest way is to use the WAT files which
already have the links extracted and wrapped into JSON. That's easier
than to parse the HTML payload in the WARC files. See
http://commoncrawl.org/the-data/get-started/
for a description of the data formats. Sample code how to extract links
at scale you can find on github:
https://github.com/commoncrawl/cc-pyspark

Related resources which may eventually fit your needs are
- the URL index
http://index.commoncrawl.org/
- host- and domain-level web graphs
http://commoncrawl.org/2018/02/webgraphs-nov-dec-2017-jan-2018/