Commoncrawl index page down?

Yuheng Du

Apr 23, 2017, 9:57:02 PM4/23/17
to Common Crawl
Hi everyone,

I was trying to use the index page of commoncrawl to retrieve the needed warc files for a text analysis task, but I found that the index page is down now?

can anyone help?

Thanks!

best,
Yuheng

Sebastian Nagel

Apr 24, 2017, 3:42:42 AM4/24/17
to common...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yuheng,

you're right. That's fixed now.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Lakshmi Narasimhan

May 10, 2017, 11:01:22 AM5/10/17
to Common Crawl
Looks like the index page is down today as well. Is there any scheduled downtime?

On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 1:12:42 PM UTC+5:30, Sebastian Nagel wrote:
Hi Yuheng,

you're right. That's fixed now.

Thanks,
Sebastian

On 04/24/2017 03:57 AM, Yuheng Du wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was trying to use the index page of commoncrawl to retrieve the needed warc files for a text
> analysis task, but I found that the index page is down now?
>
> http://index.commoncrawl.org/
>
> can anyone help?
>
> Thanks!
>
> best,
> Yuheng

Sebastian Nagel

May 10, 2017, 12:04:59 PM5/10/17
to common...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks for reporting. It's fixed now.

> Is there any scheduled downtime?

No. The simple truth is: it's often too heavily loaded and the TCP stack runs out of memory.
During the next weeks I hope to move the index server to a more powerful machine.

Thanks,
Sebastian