commcare-export of archived forms

crei...@nd.edu

Mar 5, 2015, 12:41:51 PM3/5/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to use the commcare-export utility to do a nightly synch of form/case data from the commcareHQ servers to a local server.

I recently came across the feature to archive a form submission so that it doesn't show up in reports, or in my case it drops off of the result set from commcare-export.

Is there any way to structure my query so that I also get the archived form submissions?

Simon Kelly

Mar 6, 2015, 5:41:16 AM3/6/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi

This isn't possible at present but we'll look into making it possible. I'll get back to you when I have more details.

Simon Kelly
Senior Engineer | Dimagi South Africa

Simon Kelly

Mar 9, 2015, 9:26:10 AM3/9/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I've just released a new version of the commcare-export tool that will allow you to include archived forms (v0.11.8). You can install it as follows:

$ pip install -U commcare-export

To include archived forms you need to add a filter to your Excel query file as follows:
  • Filter Name: include_archived
  • Filter Value: true
Best regards
Simon

Caleb Reinking

Mar 9, 2015, 10:31:53 AM3/9/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Simon! The process that you suggested worked very well!

A few followup questions:
1. Is there a field that I can put in my query to show whether the form was archived or not?
2. I have never really used the filter functionality before. It seems to be a very handy feature. Is there documentation anywhere on all of the available filters that can be used when building a query?

Regards,
Caleb

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "commcare-users" group.

Simon Kelly

Mar 9, 2015, 10:37:37 AM3/9/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Caleb

Each form has a field 'archived' which will be true if the form has been archived. The commcare-export tool is built on top of the CommCare API's which are documented here:
You can use any of the input parameters as filters in the export tool but you should note the export tool will automatically insert the date filters based on the value of the '--since' command line parameter so it isn't necessary to add those to the query file.

Caleb Reinking

Mar 9, 2015, 10:40:06 AM3/9/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks! I always appreciate the speedy support I receive from the CommCare team!

Simon Kelly

Mar 9, 2015, 10:44:01 AM3/9/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
My pleasure.

Sanu Ghalan

Mar 12, 2015, 10:50:47 PM3/12/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Simon, can you help me plz, I'm a newly commcare user. Im just trying to build a form for health survey project. I want to monitor and evaluate the work of mobile worker/ user. But I could not find the way about "fixture" option. so tell me about "fixture" option how to use it detail me plz.

Nate Haduch

Mar 20, 2015, 4:00:08 PM3/20/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sanu,

Please see the following link for resources on fixtures, which are also known as lookup tables: https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Lookup+Tables

You might find fixtures to be useful in your project for populating select options or providing features to only a select group of users. Do note that they require some amount of hand-editing of XML within a form in order to implement.

Thanks,

Nate
Nate Haduch

Technical Support Analyst
Dimagi, Inc | 585 Massachusetts Ave | Suite 3 | Cambridge, MA 02139
web: http://www.dimagi.com/

Sanu Ghalan

Apr 16, 2015, 9:19:37 AM4/16/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Nate,
I want build more than one numeric or text field. I mean, as a table content in form in one page. Here I share a example below. Is it possible in commcare ? if possible to build this type of form page please suggest me.
Table of Content.docx