Up-To-Date Version of "Assigning Cases to Multiple Locations / Alternative Solution

Hakan Berk

Apr 21, 2017, 4:06:28 PM4/21/17
to commcare-users
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Assigning+cases+to+one+of+multiple+groups

I am trying to incorporate something like this, but this page seems to be out of date.
  • I don't see a "feature preview" anywhere.
  • I don't have a "single answer lookup table" available to me.
I am on the advanced plan so I shouldn't have any restrictions.

Other than that, I also had a question of implementation. I have a nurses who are in charge of clinic workers. The nurses are going to be registering the patients in this application. Each nurse will be responsible for x number of clinic workers and each clinic worker will by responsible for y patients.

The clinic workers will be using their own app (so I am using case sharing). I want them to only see those patients assigned to them. I'm struggling on the assigning patients to clinic workers part.

Whether I go about it via case sharing group or Organization, I am lead to this page where I get stuck.

Any help with updating this page or some guidance is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Hakan

William Pride

Apr 22, 2017, 11:32:29 AM4/22/17
to commcare-users
Hi Hakan,

If you insert your domain and follow this URL you should be taken to the Feature Previews page:

https://www.commcarehq.org/a/[your domain]/settings/project/previews/

Alternatively, select the gear icon in the top right corner of any CommCareHQ page, select "Project Settings," then select "Feature Previews" from the nav bar on the left.

From here you can activate this feature preview and have access to the needed question type.

Cheers,
Will

Hakan Berk

Apr 28, 2017, 11:10:56 AM4/28/17
to commcare-users
Whenever I type in https://www.commcarehq.org/a/emmes/settings/project/previews/ I get redirected to https://www.commcarehq.org/a/emmes/dashboard/project/ . Do you know what could be causing that?

Thanks,

Hakan
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com.

Hakan Berk

Apr 28, 2017, 12:05:29 PM4/28/17
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Never mind, it turns out I couldn't see feature preview because I thought I had access but didn't. I got the project owner to turn it on.

Thanks for the help,

Hakan

Hakan Berk

May 5, 2017, 2:53:02 PM5/5/17
to commcare-users

I am bumping this because I am still having problems with this feature. This first screenshot shows that I pressed the option for "custom single and multiple choice questions".

Yet when I go to the form, I only have multiple choice and checkbox lookup options and not single-choice lookup option like the tutorial states I should see.

Do you know why this is happening?

Thanks,

Hakan

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 12:05:29 PM UTC-4, Hakan Berk wrote:
Never mind, it turns out I couldn't see feature preview because I thought I had access but didn't. I got the project owner to turn it on.

Thanks for the help,

Hakan

Clayton Sims

May 5, 2017, 3:02:26 PM5/5/17
to commcare-users
Hi Hakan,

This is just a terminology issue in our docs.

The form builder now uses the term "Multiple Choice" and "Checkbox" for the two types of questions, in the past they were referred to as "Single Select" and "Multiple Select"

The "custom" option should show up in the Source of the Multiple Choice or checkbox question after you have added it

-Clayton

Hakan Berk

May 5, 2017, 3:08:40 PM5/5/17
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the clarification! I'll let you know if I have any question setting it up.

Hakan Berk

May 5, 2017, 3:32:37 PM5/5/17
to commcare-users
The first two pictures show that I have three case sharing groups, but when I try to implement the steps in the tutorial only one option comes up. I don't understand why this is happening.

The second two pictures show my implementation of the the tutorial. Do you see where I went wrong?

In addition, I have a question about the functionality. Once this is working and all the case sharing groups show up and the user selects one of the options is that patient now visible to everyone in that case-sharing group?

Thanks,

Hakan
casesharetest1.PNG
casesharetest2.PNG
casesharetest3.PNG
casesharetest4.PNG

Clayton Sims

May 5, 2017, 4:52:09 PM5/5/17
to commcare-users
Hi Hakan,

Is the user in question a member of all three groups?

Your setup seems correct, and that looks like what would happen if all three groups existed but if "berktest" was only a member of CaseShareTest.

You may also need to "Sync" in the app preview if you have changed the group membership recently.

-Clayton

Hakan Berk

May 5, 2017, 5:09:19 PM5/5/17
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
1) Berktest is in every group, I think because I didn't sync it still thought it was just a part of the only group available at the time.
2) I synced, and then I got "Unrecoverable Error, user must be in one group" when I tried to fill out the registration form.

Eventually my setup is going to be that there will be nurses who register the patients and will assign them to one of the many clinic workers that they are in charge of. Therefore the nurse needs to be in every case sharing group and be able to register. The fact that I get the unrecoverable error concerns me for this setup.

Do you have any suggestions to get rid of the unrecoverable error?

Thanks,

Hakan

Clayton Sims

May 5, 2017, 5:16:27 PM5/5/17
to commcare-users
Hakan,

This is going to seem counter-intuitive, but can you go to your Applications Settings and turn off case sharing (It's below the app name)?

The app uses the Case Sharing setting to determine whether to assign cases to individual groups (rather than the user) when creating a case as the most common pattern, so I think that will result the app no longer trying to do that (and thus requiring that the user be in only one group).

-Clayton

Hakan Berk

May 5, 2017, 6:33:41 PM5/5/17
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
I see all the options come up now, but it assigns it to the user on the phone now instead of the Group. This means that when I log in as another user in the group they can't see it since it wasn't assigned to the group.

Do you know why it would do that?

Clayton Sims

May 5, 2017, 6:46:15 PM5/5/17
to commcare-users
That's strange, step 7 on the tutorial (setting the owner_id of the case to the value of the selection of that question) should ensure that the case is assigned to the group.

If you look at the submission on CommCareHQ's case report, do you see the owner_id being set to a long ID string that is the same as the result of the answer to that quesiton?

-Clayton

Hakan Berk

May 5, 2017, 8:34:19 PM5/5/17
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
You're the greatest! That fixed it.

Thanks for being so responsive and helping me figure this out. I'm really happy this issue got solved.

Hakan

Clayton Sims

May 9, 2017, 1:51:45 AM5/9/17
to commcare-users
Hi Hakan,

Sorry the process was a bit confusing, your usage model is a bit more complex than most groups, but I'm super happy we were able to get things worked out.

If you have any tips that might be helpful for other groups looking into this in the future, feel free to leave some comments on that Wiki which could help them out!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

-Clayton