Conditional display of Text Box

Mustafa Ali

Nov 17, 2015, 1:32:31 AM11/17/15
to commcare-users
I need help in putting text box when "other" is selected from the list of various options. I want when "other" is selected then a text box should appear allowing data entry person to add description

Please guide me the process, following that I could amend the form

Thanks

Amelia Sagoff

Nov 17, 2015, 9:57:36 AM11/17/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mustafa

This is easy to do with display conditions - in fact, you can use display conditions to set up a lot of different kinds of logic in your form. You can read more about them here: https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Display+Conditions+Overview

Syed Mustafa

Dec 7, 2015, 5:10:46 AM12/7/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!
I need help in putting text box when "other" is selected from the list of various choices. For example, to the question "referred by", there is one option OTHER in addition to remaining stated choices. I want that whenever OTHER is selected an automatic text box should appear to allow text input.

Having less understanding of Commcare and exhaustive experimentation, I want step-by-step guide, for which I shall be greatly thankful

Thanks

Syed Mustafa Ali

mHealth Coordinator

House No. 152, Main Margalla Road,

Sector F-6/3, Islamabad Pakistan
Tel: +(92-51) 2878082-4 Ext: 147
Cell: +(92-301) 8550454

www.mercycorps.org

Maryam Khalid

Dec 9, 2015, 3:27:09 PM12/9/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mustafa,

If I'm following your question correctly you want to set a display condition on the text box option so it only appears if they selected 'other'. You can do this by simply going to Display Condition for the Text option and you'll see a Result is: option, you'll want to set that for TRUE when all expressions are true. Then in the Expression field you can simply drag the 'referred by' question set the box to 'is equal to' and then drag the 'other' option to the final box.

The step-by-step solution listed above should work for what you're trying to do in this specific example. You can read more about Display Conditions here: https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Display+Conditions+Overview
Maryam Khalid, MPH
Senior Field Manager, Dimagi
(IN) +91 9650172343 |  Skype: maryamjkhalid