Attempting to Import Cases but "Confirm Import" button not available

le...@verasolutions.org

Jul 8, 2016, 6:57:48 AM7/8/16
to commcare-users
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to import cases to CommCare via Excel. I've mapped my Case Id field in the first step as well as mapped all column headers. I can see the "Confirm Import" button at the bottom, but it is not available for me to click. Thus, I'm unable to import any of the data which I need.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before?

Thanks,
Lexa

Jeremy W.

Jul 8, 2016, 12:16:45 PM7/8/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lexa,

I am seeing the same issue, it sounds like a potential bug. I have reported the issue to our support team and will update the thread when we have more information.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi, Inc.

Lexa Koenig

Jul 13, 2016, 7:55:20 AM7/13/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

Are there any updates here? This is a critical part of an important process for us that we'll need up and running within the next week. I checked yesterday, and it looked like that "Confirm Import" button was still not working. I've used it in the past, but this week it just seems to be down.

Thanks,
Lexa

Lexa Koenig
Consultant | Vera Solutions
+27 72 927 0879 | lexak27

Jeremy W.

Jul 13, 2016, 7:58:10 AM7/13/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lexa,

Unfortunately no updates yet - could you please report an issue from your project space? That may be helpful in trying to track down what is happening and we can follow up with more updates via that ticket.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Robin Selwitz

Jul 13, 2016, 3:07:20 PM7/13/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lexa,
When you are trying to finish the last stop of importing your cases and go to click "confirm import", do you see any error message on the page? Look at each of the case properties to see if any of them have a message beside it (for example, if there is an issue with the configuration, this will be here). If you are not sure, please follow Jeremy's advice to report an issue and I can take a look at the specific file.

Thanks,
Robin Selwitz

Lexa Koenig

Jul 14, 2016, 7:13:32 AM7/14/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reply. There are no messages beside the case property mappings. They all seem to have mapped successfully, yet I still do not have access to the "Confirm Import" button. I will report an issue.

Thanks,
Lexa

Cindy Walter

Jul 15, 2016, 1:53:41 PM7/15/16
to commcare-users
Hi everyone.  I am also seeing this same problem today.  It's an urgent issue for me since I'm planning to import many cases for a field test tomorrow.

Has there been any headway made on this?

Thanks for your help!

Cindy Walter

Robin Selwitz

Jul 15, 2016, 4:12:15 PM7/15/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

In both of these cases the issue was that a column header in the excel file had a space in it. So, if the column header was "test header" the solution is to change it to "test_header", and you will be able to import.

Thanks,
Robin

Cindy Walter

Jul 15, 2016, 9:26:04 PM7/15/16