Localsettings.example.py SERVER_ENVIRONMENT Question

Craig A.

Jul 20, 2014, 12:40:57 AM7/20/14
to commcare-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I'm setting up my localsettings.py file and don't know what to put in the following variable under the email settings. I'm using Google Apps as my email provider and Postfix as recommended in the setup. What should this setting be?

SERVER_ENVIRONMENT = 'changeme' #identify the target type of this running environment

Sincerely,
Craig

Cory Zue

Jul 20, 2014, 1:12:15 PM7/20/14
to commcare-developers
Hey Craig,

You should only ever need to modify that value if you are deploying multiple environments of HQ to the same machine.

Feel free to submit a pull request to make that more clear in the example file!

Cory

--

---

Craig A.