Load Tests not running with CometD 3.0.1 although cometd-demo runs fine

Abhi

May 15, 2015, 10:12:59 AM5/15/15
to cometd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This runs perfectly fine:
$ cd cometd-demo
$ mvn jetty:run

But when I try to run load tests using below commands, I get following errors:

mvn -e -Pserver exec:exec

[WARNING] The requested profile "server" could not be activated because it does not exist.
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:exec (default-cli) on project cometd-java-examples: The parameters 'executable' for goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:exec are missing or invalid -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:exec (default-cli) on project cometd-java-examples: The parameters 'executable' for goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:exec are missing or invalid
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:221)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)

mvn -e -Pclient exec:exec

[WARNING] The requested profile "client" could not be activated because it does not exist.
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:exec (default-cli) on project cometd-java-examples: The parameters 'executable' for goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:exec are missing or invalid -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:exec (default-cli) on project cometd-java-examples: The parameters 'executable' for goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:exec are missing or invalid

Has anyone else encountered and fixed this problem?

Thanks,
Abhi

Simone Bordet

May 16, 2015, 9:17:23 AM5/16/15
to cometd-users
Hi,

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Abhi <xab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This runs perfectly fine:
>
> $ cd cometd-demo
> $ mvn jetty:run
>

> But when I try to run load tests using below commands, I get following
> errors:
>

> mvn -e -Pserver exec:exec
>
> [WARNING] The requested profile "server" could not be activated because it
> does not exist.

Right, I should update the documentation, thanks for pointing this out.

The right way to do it is:

* server-side:

$ cd $COMETD/cometd-java/cometd-java-benchmark/cometd-java-benchmark-server/
$ mvn exec:exec

* client-side

$ cd cd $COMETD/cometd-java/cometd-java-benchmark/cometd-java-benchmark-client/
$ mvn exec:exec

--
Simone Bordet
----