Monthly Business Meeting and Officer Elections: Dec. 9 @ 9pm

Zach Zeman

Dec 3, 2014, 12:59:45 AM12/3/14
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
This is your reminder that the next CGW Business Meeting will be next Tuesday, December 9th, at 9:00pm in the hackerspace. As usual, we will allow participation via Google Hangout and IRC as well as stream the meeting over Youtube. Links to these will be sent out just prior to the meeting.

This is also a call for officer nominations.
Elections will be held at the Business Meeting. Please come to the meeting ready with nominations for any of the below positions.
  • President - Ensures things get done and the space holds together. Lead Scapegoat.
  • Secretary - Tracks membership and takes notes at official meetings.
  • Treasurer - Handles membership dues and the space's expenditures.

Agenda:

  • Review last action items
  • "State of the Space" discussion
  • Officer Elections
  • Incorporated/Non-profit status
  • Build activities
  • Open discussion

Thanks. Hope to see you all there, one way or another.

-Zach

Zach Zeman

Dec 9, 2014, 5:56:25 PM12/9/14
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
Remember that the Monthly Business Meeting (with special Officer Election flavor) is TONIGHT at 9 pm. Also, as a reminder, only dues-paying members will be able to vote on officers or issues, or to be nominated as officers,

If you can't actually make it to the space, please participate using one of these online methods.

Google Hangout

If you are having trouble participating via those links, simply go to the CGW Google+ page and click the "Join Hangout" button under the Dec 9 Business Meeting.

Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBGTg0Hl95k

The chat on this page is not monitored, but you can watch the entire meeting live or recorded.

IRC Channel

We will be monitoring #cgw on irc.freenode.net. If you don't have an IRC client, you can go to this site to chat through your browser. Just make your nickname CGW_yournamehere, enter the captcha, and click connect.

Thanks.

-Zach

Pabst, Bill

Dec 9, 2014, 10:03:56 PM12/9/14
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
The urls below get me to the hangout on air. What is the url to get directly into the hangout?

https://plus.google.com/events/crb3rdegsj9ca4ghmbpgj7af98c

If you are having trouble participating via those links, simply go to the CGW Google+ page<https://plus.google.com/103901526816740541792/posts> and click the "Join Hangout" button under the Dec 9 Business Meeting.

Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBGTg0Hl95k

The chat on this page is not monitored, but you can watch the entire meeting live or recorded.

IRC Channel

We will be monitoring #cgw on irc.freenode.net<http://irc.freenode.net>. If you don't have an IRC client, you can go to this site<https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23cgw> to chat through your browser. Just make your nickname CGW_yournamehere, enter the captcha, and click connect.

Thanks.

-Zach

--

---

Dan Goldstein

Dec 10, 2014, 11:08:13 AM12/10/14
to columbia-gadget-works

Ack.... Missed the meeting entirely... Sorry.. Can someone post the link to the minutes/notes taken?
Dan

Matthew Little

Dec 10, 2014, 11:38:21 AM12/10/14
to columbia-gadget-works

Chad LaFarge

Dec 10, 2014, 11:51:49 AM12/10/14
to columbia-gadget-works
Dan,

Not sure when minutes will be posted, but the entire meeting is posted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBGTg0Hl95k

Hope this helps.

Chad

Chad LaFarge

Dec 10, 2014, 11:53:46 AM12/10/14
to columbia-gadget-works
... AND never mind, Dan... I didn’t realize that they opened and closed the video so quickly.

I thought the video was a record of the meeting, not just a public access vehicle that wouldn’t be used if no-one showed up prior to start.

I hope future meetings will be recorded.

Thanks.

Chad

Matthew Little

Dec 10, 2014, 11:56:12 AM12/10/14
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
A lot of the meeting ended up taking place in the IRC - we're going to look at adding that to the videos in the future so we have a record of it.
Unfortunately the lag between the Hangout video and IRC can lead to some confusion.

Zach Zeman

Dec 10, 2014, 12:26:42 PM12/10/14
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
Chad,

I'm confused. The video was is slow to start because I haven't edited out the beginning chatter yet, but it includes a discussion of all the points on the agenda. Unfortunately, there isn't much discussion because we had few participants live and in the hangout. I still think it serves as a record of the meeting, especially in combination with the notes. The post-meeting discussion on IRC, as is said in the meeting notes, didn't raise any newly actionable items. Also, as I mention in the video, if we continue to get so much participation over IRC, I will add it to the hangout video stream.

Bill,

Sorry we didn't see your email during the meeting. We weren't watching the online interactions as closely as at our previous business meetings. I will make a wiki page to help people participate via the Google Hangout before our next one.

Thanks.

-Zach

Dan Goldstein

Dec 10, 2014, 12:32:38 PM12/10/14
to columbia-gadget-works

Thanks for the notes... Is the irc log available. I connected and there did not seem to be any history? Brad, didn't we discussed setting up irc with history a while ago for something else???

Zach Zeman

Dec 10, 2014, 12:47:00 PM12/10/14
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
I keep logs of the IRC channel locally. Here's last night's: http://pastebin.com/F0jXeg6h That link will expire in 30 days.

Thanks.

-Zach

Chad LaFarge

Dec 10, 2014, 1:01:08 PM12/10/14
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
Zach,

Sorry for the confusion... oddly, when I first opened the video it displayed only about 2 minutes of video. I now see 34 minutes.

You can either screen-share your IRC using the Hangouts Screen-Share tool or use something like XSplit to grab a screen region of the IRC client and place a box containing local video on top of the IRC chat.

Hope this helps.

Chad