First order retrievability

Brad Collette

Sep 5, 2015, 2:38:55 PM9/5/15
to CGW
Anybody see this video?
I think this is an awesome idea.  I have the traditional tool stack which works really well for some things and poorly for others.

I think this might make a good complement but the effort to design it in cad is probably higher than I want to take on for just one.  Would we be interested in something like this for the space?  Anybody else interested in making one for their own garage/workshop?

If there's interest, we can collaborate.

Scott Kovaleski

Sep 7, 2015, 11:21:29 AM9/7/15
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
I love it! Count me in!

Scott Kovaleski
--

---

Brad Collette

Sep 9, 2015, 5:16:54 PM9/9/15
to CGW
I threw the project up here for reference.  One thing I was thinking about was making the whole thing be composed of three stacking 'crates'.  That way, it could be cut on a smaller cnc and crate configurations could be mixed and matched.

--
Brad Collette
573-427-7132

Scott Kovaleski

Sep 10, 2015, 11:56:13 AM9/10/15
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
I put this comment on MakerRedux too. Would you make the tiers a bottom, middle, top, to keep the triangular shape (which is kind of nice)? What about the casters? Separate rolling chassis?

Chad LaFarge

Sep 10, 2015, 12:35:37 PM9/10/15
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
Important to note: it didn’t look terribly stable in terms of lateral support. The triangular structure supports it front-to-back, but there’s little additional support for side-to-side movement. I’m a little surprised as there’s a lot of metal on that thing.

Not to second-guess a Myth-Buster, but I’d add a brace/strapping diagonally across the back or through it’s middle to beef it up.

Just sayin’.

Chad